Elliot: Geno delivers a progress report | The Boneyard

Elliot: Geno delivers a progress report

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"Our team is playing good basketball and has played good basketball since November. But Kiah Stokes and Brianna Banks and Stefanie Dolson, they’ve got to play I think, in their minds, better basketball. The other guys have been pretty good. But those three I think particularly have to play better basketball in the next couple of months for us to keep getting better.’’

LINK

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
"They lead the nation in points allowed (41.4), scoring margin (plus-39.2), field goal percentage defense (.285), assists (21.2) and assist-to-turnover ratio (1.7). They are ranked seventh in scoring (80.7)."

And for those that care about these things, this is being done against the 9th best SOS.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I'll be very interested in how those 3 in particular perform tonight.

Obviously Stef is a key player for us night in and night out, but I would like to see if the other two step it up this evening in the same way Geno says they have stepped it up in practice.

Stokes: can she create more space around herself and control the glass a little better when she has opportunities?

Banks: will she do a better job of turning people and keeping them in front of her? (I have observed a tendency of hers to stay close and tight to the ball handler but not to consistently keep the player from going where she wants to go)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And for those that care about these things, this is being done against the 9th best SOS.

Which will likely improve with conference play. ND twice, Rutgers, Louisville, GT, DePaul.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Coach sets the bar quite high and he seems fairly pleased. I agree. Stef needs to continue the progress from last year--as she did against Fairfield. Kiah and Brianna need to try to contribute as last year's key frosh did, though in a reserve role. The next two games will be good tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom