Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So who do you trust more as head coach down the stretch in a regional final, Painter or Barnes.

Reaction Score
I'm not the only one. Look, he's big, but he just bull-rushes his way to the basket like a DT rushing the quarterback. If you try to hold your position the foul is on you. Shaq did this too, particularly late in his career when he was less mobile. Like Edey is now.
They are hitting Edey almost every time. Holding, slapping him, pushing 2 hands in his back. He's just making nice moves which TN obviously can't handle. But go ahead and make crap up to make yourself feel better.

Reaction Score
It is fun to talk about Purdue's whistle, but I just noticed that Edey has pretty much played all game. While being the focus of the offense every possession. Insane conditioning

Reaction Score
Purdue is not as good defensively, and Castle, Newton and Karaban will be able to drive on them all day.
Doesn’t matter if Clingan plays for two minutes in the first half and Edey gets to eat SJ alive

Reaction Score
Doesn’t matter if Clingan plays for two minutes in the first half and Edey gets to eat SJ alive
I think we could blow Purdue out if it's reffed correctly but I could also see Clingan picking up 2 fouls right away while they let Edey do whatever he wants. That kind of scares me.

Reaction Score
To counter the color analyst that Purdue has a better idea what it wants to do.

Disagree. Tenn just hasn’t been hitting their open 3s.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
It is fun to talk about Purdue's whistle, but I just noticed that Edey has pretty much played all game. While being the focus of the offense every possession. Insane conditioning
Is it? He doesn't work that hard. DC works his ass off while Edey looks like he's in slow motion.

Reaction Score
He's on a mission, very impressive.

Reaction Score
Clingan is different than these thin Tenn centers, but regardless, Purdue is easier to gameplan for.

Tenn is missing a ton of clean looks and open shots.

They hit these against Creighton, and it isn't a matter that Purdue plays better D than Creighton. They don't

Reaction Score
It would’ve been tough for Tennessee to win this game with the way the whistles have gone, but this looks so similar to how every Barnes team loses in the tourney.

Reaction Score
Another reason why he’s our kryptonite. 38 mins against Gonzaga and he’ll play 39 today. Samson will foul out in under 10 mins trying to guard him when Clingan is on the bench.

Reaction Score
Edy is a mature Clingan meaning his experience shows. Clingan next year would also be POY candidate but....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom