Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games)

Reaction Score
Not overlooking Alabama in any way , trust me, but I think UConn can beat Purdue. UConn's A game is better than any other team's A game. Having said that, if UConn were to play Purdue, UConn will be playing a road game. UConn won't have the UConn-partisan Boston crowd to help them
You think UConn can beat Purdue. You're really going out on a limb there, lolz.

Reaction Score
McCain averages 14 and 5 rebounds on 41% from three as a freshman. He's a first round pick this summer and is getting some lottery buzz, he's absolutely a high end player.
Its subjective. His NBA buzz means little to me when determining a high end college player. I’m thinking a guy who makes an All American team or an All Conference team. Did he make all conference in the ACC?

Reaction Score
I reconsidering this, rather play Purdue.
Huh?? clingan foul trouble is our Achilles heal and Edey is the one guy in the country that can single handedly get Clingan into foul trouble

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
So is Big 10 Commissioner Tony Petitti.
Yeah but the big 10 commissioner didn’t come out the first day of the tournament and say more middling p5 teams should make it over good mid major teams

Reaction Score
Danny should double team Edey if he's in the post. Make him uncomfortable. Uconn has the depth to do this and quick enough to switch to outside shooters. Letting him get in a rhythm is a mistake

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I just don’t know how you play against this kid. The fact that he has zero fouls in a game this physical seems insane to me but it’s every game.
Edey is so annoying to watch. Ive watched 7 games of theirs this year and its amazing what he gets away with.
What game are you watching? TN is grabbing, holding him all game,
I'm not the only one. Look, he's big, but he just bull-rushes his way to the basket like a DT rushing the quarterback. If you try to hold your position the foul is on you. Shaq did this too, particularly late in his career when he was less mobile. Like Edey is now.

Reaction Score
I don't know how Tennessee is still in this game. The guy on Edey is close to a walk on.
Estrella was the 5th ranked center on Rivals, he's not close to a walk on

Reaction Score
Tennessee is a much better defensive team than Purdue.

With a normal shooting night, Tennessee wins this game easily. Tenn is simply not hitting its open shots. Ziegler is not going to have another horrible game like this.

This is why I'd rather play Purdue.

Purdue is not as good defensively, and Castle, Newton and Karaban will be able to drive on them all day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom