Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games)

Reaction Score
The whistle Edey gets is crazy, he just throws people around and the fouls are always on the other guys.
Totally agree. Plus he wards guys off for rebounds with his arm. I have not seen a big guy be able to play that physically in my life. Unreal the kind of whistle he gets.

Reaction Score
Aidoo has been horrible for TN. Get him off the floor.

Reaction Score
Purdue looking to get their own 30-0 run. They're about halfway there

Reaction Score
One issue Purdue would have against UConn is backcourt size. Purdue runs pick and roll, but so does UConn. Would be an interesting game for sure. Would love it to happen because it means UConn is playing on Monday night. Purdue won't have a home game next weekend. That's for sure.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I have no concerns about Castle, Diarra, and Newton defending Knecht, Smith, or anyone on Alabama. I do have concerns about Clingan getting one way calls vs Edey. Even if both are in foul trouble, a la 2004 vs Duke, I'll take our chances.

I think Clingan is athletic enough to defend Edey and force him to take tougher shots than he is used to and UConn's ability to score if they cancel watch other out. Edey with Clingan on the bench would be a serious problem.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
One issue Purdue would have against UConn is backcourt size. Purdue runs pick and roll, but so does UConn. Would be an interesting game for sure. Would love it to happen because it means UConn is playing on Monday night. Purdue won't have a home game next weekend. That's for sure.

The problem for Purdue running pick and roll is that we can cover that and prevent Edey from diving to the basket. It actually plays into reducing his shooting/fouling effectiveness. The danger is them clearing out and just dumping into the post. Once Edey gets good post position, he draws fouls, makes easy baskets, and can offensive rebound. If he wants to stand at the key setting picks, let him and block his path to the block with Clingan, or one of the guards.

Reaction Score
Just wondering how to deal with Edey without Clingan fouling out.

Reaction Score
Also rooting for Tennessee, Edey and the refs could neutralize the advantage in the middle that Clingan brings to us.
The other remaining matchup concern is Filipowski. He's like a better version of LeDee or Coleman Hawkins and can take Clingan out to the perimeter comfortably.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Creighton's problem with Tennessee was that they only had 4 offensive players so Knecht was able to guard the 5th (Miller or Ferabella), and basically take defense off. You have to make Knecht work on both ends.

Reaction Score
I'd rather Tenn win than Purdue. Edey always seems to get a favorable whistle, and who knows who will be reffing at the FF - it could be one of the refs who seem to never call anything our way.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I am leaving it up to the basketball gods to decide what out come is best for UConn. Friday's Sweet 16 games didn't go the way I wanted. I was going for Gonzaga, Marquette, and Houston.
This. I want to play whoever ends up across from us. We have no need to wish for a more favorable matchup. They're all more favorable for us.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
i would prefer for purdue fans not to have nice things. not sure why, but im sufficiently irritated.
Has Purdue had any nice things (basketball wise) since John Wooden graduated?

Reaction Score
Prefer Tennessee, but their game plan looks a lot like Illinois' yesterday. Afraid to go inside (also Tennessee's big men suck) and jacking outside shots. If they don't go, they're in big trouble.

I think if we play Purdue (not getting ahead of next game), I think Edey and DC can somewhat neutralize each other with a bit of an edge to Edey. The key will be the rest of the lineup for both teams and I think we have the edge. I'd even toy with playing DC and SJ together at times. Need to make Edey come out and move his feet. Him trying to defend quick guys could produce some McGhee moments.

Reaction Score
Prefer Tennessee, but their game plan looks a lot like Illinois' yesterday. Afraid to go inside (also Tennessee's big men suck) and jacking outside shots. If they don't go, they're in big trouble.

I think if we play Purdue (not getting ahead of next game), I think Edey and DC can somewhat neutralize each other with a bit of an edge to Edey. The key will be the rest of the lineup for both teams and I think we have the edge. I'd even toy with playing DC and SJ together at times. Need to make Edey come out and move his feet. Him trying to defend quick guys could produce some McGhee moments.
Illinois gameplan was to drive inside at Clingan the whole game and they went 0-19 on him doing it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom