Elite 8, ZigZags ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Elite 8, ZigZags ThoughtZ™

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Incredible. Last night, all four of the pregame analysts picked Uconn to advance. Tonight, the same talking heads picked the zags. Now I know we'll win.
  2. Sanogo won the tip. For an undersized center who is not a great leaper, he's now won 28 opening tips out of 37 games this year.
  3. I don't see what all the fuss about Timme is.
  4. Less than a minute after coming in, Clingan blocked Timme's layup attempt.
  5. JoeyC came to play.
  6. Bogus travel call on Sanogo. I guess the ref never saw anyone get from the foul line to the bucket without dribbling or traveling before.
  7. Karaban with the three at the buzzer, off Ajax's feed. I swear Ajax zoomed in and caught a pass that was intended for Adama but off line, to make that pass to a wide open AK.
  8. At the half we have a narrow lead in every category except FG%.
  9. No early 2nd half slump tonight!
  10. During the game, Few is one of the most unlikeable coaches in the game. Before and after the game, he's the same old likeable guy he used to be.
  11. No late 2nd half slump, either.
  12. I'm not sure I've seen us play better than in the second half tonight.
  13. For the game, we won every column in the box score.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They kept showing those droughts for Gonzaga FGs. Not entirely their fault considering they got “fouled” on like 8 straight possessions.

Reaction Score
All great observations.
I would love to see a replay of AK's three at the buzzer and the assist. It was a head scratcher in real time. The crew never went back to show it or talk about it.
SO many highlights in this one.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga was 7-14 on free throws in the second half. They’re not a great FT shooting team in general, but they were s completely shot. You could tell in the body language that they were just waiting for the game to end. UConn absolutely snatched their souls

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Thursday I wrote that Arkansas' players had looks on their faces that said "we've brought knives to a gunfight". Gonzaga's players had to be thinking "we brought sticks to a gunfight".

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
All great observations.
I would love to see a replay of AK's three at the buzzer and the assist. It was a head scratcher in real time. The crew never went back to show it or talk about it.
SO many highlights in this one.
They did show it, frome the broadcast angle and from the opposite basket. The latter angle really showed how far off to the right the pass was, and made you realize that were it not for Ajax's quick reaction and Karaban's equally quick, perfect jumper, it wouldhave been a wasted possession.

Reaction Score
They did show it, frome the broadcast angle and from the opposite basket. The latter angle really showed how far off to the right the pass was, and made you realize that were it not for Ajax's quick reaction and Karaban's equally quick, perfect jumper, it wouldhave been a wasted possession.
This play has its own thread now...

Reaction Score
Thursday I wrote that Arkansas' players had looks on their faces that said "we've brought knives to a gunfight". Gonzaga's players had to be thinking "we brought sticks to a gunfight".
Good thing we won’t face bama then…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog