Elite 8: who won't be back? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Elite 8: who won't be back?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Thanks, Choke. Looks like Ms. White could help fill the graduation of steady-eddy Kelsey Lang, along frosh Reliath Booth, and the returning Caron-Goudreau sisters.

Reaction Score
-Crystal played for Dawn during USA basketball and she would be exactly the game manager PG that Dawn and Melanie Balcom need to get SC offense to next level of efficiency.
- Regarding Oregon Ms Ionescu would make an incredible SG.
-Thomson vs. Dangerfield is a no-brainer Crystal has 3 years of eligibility remaining and BTW there was this hotshot recruit, initials are MW, that said she wanted to play with an elite PG. The next hotshot recruit might want to do the same.
-Even with a healthy Turner, Camara might start at ND because quite frankly Westbeld is mis-cast as a post player, she is not rugged enough.
Tyadha Harris I would say throughout the year has been more consistent than Dangerfield and she started at that position for the USA gold medal U18 team last year so I don't think that is clear cut. I also like her height which gives her the ability to be more of an impact defensively imo.
Also, Alexis Jennings imo was Kentucky' best big before transferring to South Carolina and she will be eligible next year, this Camara beating her out on that team would be suspect also. There are so many fallacies to that 2nd Unit team could start for the other elite eight teams to mention.

Reaction Score
I think A'Ja will be a reliable side kick in the post, mainly because she has always had one. Ironically it could have been White but she transferred now SC will have to have Herbert Harrigan or Ladahzia Willaims step in to that roll. Both are capable.

Alexis Jennings is most likely second big, I would think.

But Herbert Harrigan had an ok debut and Williams might push.

It's the replacing Wilson that loooms large. USC needs to find its next inside star in this next class, I think.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Alexis Jennings is most likely second big, I would think.

But Herbert Harrigan had an ok debut and Williams might push.

It's the replacing Wilson that loooms large. USC needs to find its next inside star in this next class, I think.
I like & had obviously forgotten about Jennings. I don't like her in the post that much though.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tyadha Harris I would say throughout the year has been more consistent than Dangerfield and she started at that position for the USA gold medal U18 team last year so I don't think that is clear cut. I also like her height which gives her the ability to be more of an impact defensively imo.

Sharris... Nice of you to support your kinfolk :);):cool::p:D

Reaction Score
I like & had obviously forgotten about Jennings. I don't like her in the post that much though.

I would guess she will be asked to play four and Wilson will assume the five.

USC probably won't feature her offensively much.

Reaction Score
You may want t go back and look at Jennings performance when she was in the post at KY. She wa the prominent scorer down low that year and she also played post on the 3x3 USA squad this past summer. She was the most effective for KY against Wilson and Coates each time we played them. Batouly was not better is the argument I was making. Triad, if you believe that is false give me the facts or stats that proves your assertion.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Also, Alexis Jennings imo was Kentucky' best big before transferring to South Carolina and she will be eligible next year, this Camara beating her out on that team would be suspect also. There are so many fallacies to that 2nd Unit team could start for the other elite eight teams to mention.
You mean besides the one you already mentioned? :D Fair enough let's talk about it. I forgot about Jennings.
Harris did start for USA basketball (U18) this summer and she did a good job. Harris was however outplayed at the PG position by a high school kid-Chennedy Carter-check the numbers.
Dangerfield spent summer of 2015 running with the big dogs on the U19 team. It's the big dogs because 8 of the players on that roster are on teams that made it to at least the Elite Eight this year.
Crystal brought home gold at U19. When it came crunch time it was the SC coach Dawn that trusted Crystal-A HS player- to lead the come back against the Russians. It was Crystal dropping dimes to established college players Azura Stevens & Shakayla Thomas. Oh, I almost forgot 40% of this year's AP AA 1st team (Collier & Wilson) were on the other end of many of those dimes also.
Harris is good and Dawn is happy to have her, Dawn would be happier with Crystal.[/QUOTE]

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You may want t go back and look at Jennings performance when she was in the post at KY. She wa the prominent scorer down low that year and she also played post on the 3x3 USA squad this past summer. She was the most effective for KY against Wilson and Coates each time we played them. Batouly was not better is the argument I was making. Triad, if you believe that is false give me the facts or stats that proves your assertion.
I did. Camara had arguably her best game in a KY uniform at South Carolina. Camara had more minutes, points & rebounds than Jennings.
http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2015-2016/game22.html

Reaction Score
I did. Camara had arguably her best game in a KY uniform at South Carolina. Camara had more minutes, points & rebounds than Jennings.
http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2015-2016/game22.html
Bravo, but you did not do your homework well enough. They played the games last year with SC and Jennings stats were better in 2 of the 3. Batouly had her "one moment in time" but Jennings had over double the points and rebounds over the course of the season and relegated Camara to few minutes as they neared the end of the season. Their stats were not even close. Jennings started almost all of their games and was clearly better. Ask Kentucky fans or anyone else in the SEC. Jennings and Akhator led that team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Bravo, but you did not do your homework well enough.
Always do or at least try to. Let's change subject and keep chopping it up. You seem familiar with Kentucky's team. Was wondering if you knew anything about this item I copied from another thread.

You do know she (Camara) was benched at one point at Kentucky for lack of effort on the defensive end, right?
I know that there was a lot of stuff going on at KY last year but this came as a surprise to me.

Reaction Score
I would guess she will be asked to play four and Wilson will assume the five.

USC probably won't feature her offensively much.

When was the last time you seen Jennings play? She has an inside and outside game. She went toe to toe agaisnt Coates in the ProAm last summer and battles Wilson and HH in practice. She grew a inch so she's 6'3" now and has slimmed down and gotten quicker since leaving Kentucky. She'll play the 4 & 5 next year and will thrive in our new quick oriented offense because she can shoot 3's as well as free throw jumpers. Long story short she's good and she's accustomed to playing in the tough SEC so she'll be fine.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

1) I havent seen Dangerfield play more than a few minutes in college to have any idea if she is any good... or if she is better than Harris.

2) you came into the thread defending T Harris...... the last part of your username is Harris........... I just made a joke that you two were related :confused: Obviously you misread my intentions.

Reaction Score
When was the last time you seen Jennings play? She has an inside and outside game. She went toe to toe agaisnt Coates in the ProAm last summer and battles Wilson and HH in practice. She grew a inch so she's 6'3" now and has slimmed down and gotten quicker since leaving Kentucky. She'll play the 4 & 5 next year and will thrive in our new quick oriented offense because she can shoot 3's as well as free throw jumpers. Long story short she's good and she's accustomed to playing in the tough SEC so she'll be fine.

I don't see where I said she wouldn't be fine.

I don't see them running plays for her is all I said.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom