Elite 8 Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Elite 8 Thread

Reaction Score
I’m more excited to learn about this scientist who is bringing the woolly mammoth back from extinction than I was for those games.

I’m intrigued by this as well. I hope I didn’t miss it.

Reaction Score
I don't want MSU to win, but it's more of a mild dislike. I can abide any of the others -- probably will root for Texas Tech for the novelty and lack of Bruce Pearl or the ACC.
I feel the same way. Of the teams that are always in the mix, they're probably the team I hate the least. Kind of like Arizona under Lute,

Reaction Score
ESPN centered their entire 2019 NCAA men's season coverage on a team that didn't even make the Final 4.
It wasn't just ESPN. The CBS/TBS/TNT/TRU team that covered the tourney seemed pretty Duke obsessed also.

Reaction Score
Jim Nantz brought up how the one and done days are almost over and these one and done teams are not winning championships. Glad he said it.
Duke 2015 and UK 2012 were the only two to break through and win, right?
It wasn't just ESPN. The CBS/TBS/TNT/TRU team that covered the tourney seemed pretty Duke obsessed also.
They were the #1 overall seed with the consensus #1 pick in the draft--as well as two other lottery picks. It makes sense that they'd get a disproportionate amount of attention.

Reaction Score
I don't want MSU to win, but it's more of a mild dislike. I can abide any of the others -- probably will root for Texas Tech for the novelty and lack of Bruce Pearl or the ACC.
Agree but auburn seems eerily similar to our 14 run. 1st round squeaker and then taking down the top seeds like we did. Maybe the best backcourt left as well. Pearl kills me that he still has a job but this team like MSU meeting in the final would make the blowouts from last year make more sense and without a point guard perhaps he who’s name shall not be mentioned is snickering a bit.

Reaction Score
Agree but auburn seems eerily similar to our 14 run. 1st round squeaker and then taking down the top seeds like we did. Maybe the best backcourt left as well. Pearl kills me that he still has a job but this team like MSU meeting in the final would make the blowouts from last year make more sense and without a point guard perhaps he who’s name shall not be mentioned is snickering a bit.
From what I could find Pearl had a Tennessee player with substance abuse violation, recorded a recruit who admitted receiving cash from another school and had a cookout for a player and his family and told them to lie about it. The coverup was the big problem and the penalty far more severe than it would have been had he come clean. Yet he is viewed as being dirtier than Roy Williams who presided over a program where half the team might not have been eligible had it not been for sham courses and got no penalty. Peal is a great coach with a big personality who can obviously get players wherever he goes. He shouldn’t have a job?

Reaction Score
From what I could find Pearl had a Tennessee player with substance abuse violation, recorded a recruit who admitted receiving cash from another school and had a cookout for a player and his family and told them to lie about it. The coverup was the big problem and the penalty far more severe than it would have been had he come clean. Yet he is viewed as being dirtier than Roy Williams who presided over a program where half the team might not have been eligible had it not been for sham courses and got no penalty. Peal is a great coach with a big personality who can obviously get players wherever he goes. He shouldn’t have a job?
Well I thought I remembered the whole story but obviously didn’t. So there!! He is coaching well that’s for sure.

Reaction Score

Peal also has an assistant coach who's about to go to prison and recorded a phone conversation with a recruit in an attempt to catch Illinois in recruiting violations. But if you ask him he'll get teary-eyed talking about how he was fighting racism and anti-semitism back in the 70s (when he was a teenager, apparently). Guy's a snake. Much like Cal, though, if you're friendly with the media and can be reasonably charming, that covers up a lot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom