Eligibility of UConn's Drummond in doubt; CIAC investigating NL's Dunn | The Boneyard

Eligibility of UConn's Drummond in doubt; CIAC investigating NL's Dunn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounds so minor it's hard to figure. As we know our fun with Ncaa compliance going back to Charlie being held hostage has not been good but this sounds so innocent of a statement. 9million rules make it hard to be so perfect .

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

Regarding Drummond, according to the NCAA’s bylaws, the student-athlete’s eligibility is not affected if the infraction took place prior to enrollment and the athlete either retracts permission for the use of his name and image and ceases any remuneration for his appearance, or meets the conditions set forth in NCAA Bylaw 12.5.1.3.
That bylaw states:
* The individual’s involvement in this type of activity was initiated prior to his or her enrollment in a member institution.
* The individual became involved in such activities for reasons independent of athletics ability.
* No reference is made in these activities to the individual’s name or involvement in intercollegiate athletics.
* The individual does not endorse the commercial product.
* The individual’s remuneration under such circumstances is at a rate commensurate with the individual’s skills and experience as a model or performer and is not based in any way upon the individual’s athletics ability or reputation.
Neither Drummond nor Dunn qualifies beyond the first condition.

Read more: Eligibility of UConn's Drummond in doubt; CIAC investigating NL's Dunn - Norwich, CT - The Bulletin http://www.norwichbulletin.com/archive/x1726045985/Eligibility-of-UConns-Drummond-in-doubt-CIAC-investigating-NLs-Dunn#ixzz1ZHe51QwD

Reaction Score
it would be ridiculous to ineligible for something as minor as this but given that, why would Adidas even put these kids in jeopardy by having them film this crap? somebody somewhere should've had knowledge of the rules.

Reaction Score
So what are you saying exit that everything is fine and no reason to be concerned. Hope that is the case.

Reaction Score
Since the video is in circulation, does this mean that he loses his eligibility and has to apply for reinstatement?

Reaction Score
It says nothing about the NCAA currently investigating it, we need to wait for more details or a UConn statement to pass any judgement.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
confused... this happened before he enrolled and i don't understand they asked them questions about the shoes...id say the same thing if i was asked about them

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i think its not a big deal, its not like its lance stephenson? or sebastian telefair

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
take this as a rumor- both were commited to play at Wilby and Monson. they both left later on for uconn/new london. did they find out about the situation and in order to cancel it out they both changed schools so that this all happened before they were inrolled at there schools now. they are both clear then.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Drummond looks into the camera and says, “I want them.”
Take a look at the video HERE That's it? Really? It looks like somebody ambushed them and asked them about the shoes.

We'll have to do a complete investigation and self report, if there is an issue. In any reasonable world this shouldn't impact his eligibility. Of course, this isn't a reasonable world - it's the NCAA.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
All Drummond has to do to be eligible is retract permission to use the video and not receive payment. Piece of cake.

Reaction Score
I spoke with my buddy in the Athletic Department. He said that he had a conversation with Pendergast about it, and it was already on his radar. He said that Paul didn't sound too worried about the situation.

Reaction Score
Take a look at the video HERE That's it? Really? It looks like somebody ambushed them and asked them about the shoes.

We'll have to do a complete investigation and self report, if there is an issue. In any reasonable world this shouldn't impact his eligibility. Of course, this isn't a reasonable world - it's the NCAA.

even worse- it's UCONN .... reports will have a field day with this just because

Haters gonna hate

Reaction Score

Looks like Archie Goodwin has a video too. The NCAA isn't gunna purge its talent over this nonsense.

Reaction Score
Wow. I think this brings B.S NCAA rules to a whole new level

Reaction Score
Wow. I think this brings B.S NCAA rules to a whole new level

It's a good NCAA rule.

But, the article leaves much to be desired. It doesn't sound like it's on the NCAAs radar at all. Eligibility in doubt? Uh, the NCAA is not investigating this.

Drummond, the nation’s top recruit who played last season at St. Thomas More in Montville, may face sanctions by the NCAA.

Uh, no. Bad reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul