Elena practices shooting from where? | The Boneyard

Elena practices shooting from where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good for her, I truly hope she is enjoying herself and has a kicking career in basketball or what ever she chooses to pursue. I always wonder how she would do if she went against teams with above average defenses instead of who she usually plays against. I guess when she goes to the WNBA I will find out.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Good for her, I truly hope she is enjoying herself and has a kicking career in basketball or what ever she chooses to pursue. I always wonder how she would do if she went against teams with above average defenses instead of who she usually plays against. I guess when she goes to the WNBA I will find out.
we get your point...

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
If, not when. She may choose not to play at the next level. I know many people here still care about her, but I'm not one of them. I tend to hold a grudge!

Reaction Score
I do not hold a grudge against EDD, but I do wonder why so many Boneyarders seem to think that her perceived accomplishments are meaningful to Uconn fans. EDD is not just yesterday's newsreel, she is the day before yesterday's newsreel. She made the considered decision to leave the Uconn family. That decision very likely negatively impacted the recruitment process that the coaching staff had developed. Having rejected Uconn, I do not understand why her accomplishments or non-accomplishments have any continued pertinence to the Boneyard. Respectfully, it's time to close the book on EDD.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
EDD is currently a COLLEGE basketball player.... just as we talk about Bone, Griner, Diggins, The O Sisters, Spani, MLucas, Sykes, EWilliams etc.... she's a topic!

folks are past the "what if" phase... we are talking about what she's currently doing at UDel. just as we talk about players at ND TAMU Baylor, Rutgers, Tenn, Stanford, LSU, UCLA

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
EDD is currently a COLLEGE basketball player.... just as we talk about Bone, Griner, Diggins, The O Sisters, Spani, MLucas, Sykes, EWilliams etc.... she's a topic!

folks are past the "what if" phase... we are talking about what she's currently doing at UDel. just as we talk about players at ND TAMU Baylor, Rutgers, Tenn, Stanford, LSU, UCLA
skeptical_hippo.jpg

I do think people have a certain affinity to her that goes beyond that she's a part of the WCBB landscape and playing at an AA level.

Personally, I wish her no particular good nor ill will. :)

Reaction Score
I do not hold a grudge against EDD, but I do wonder why so many Boneyarders seem to think that her perceived accomplishments are meaningful to Uconn fans. EDD is not just yesterday's newsreel, she is the day before yesterday's newsreel. She made the considered decision to leave the Uconn family. That decision very likely negatively impacted the recruitment process that the coaching staff had developed. Having rejected Uconn, I do not understand why her accomplishments or non-accomplishments have any continued pertinence to the Boneyard. Respectfully, it's time to close the book on EDD.
+1

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Thank God goodness we have some of you people around to tell us what to think and write about. EDD not only is the leading scorer in D1 wbb (by nearly 5 pts./game) but also was connected to Uconn.... albeit for a very short time.

And speaking of "her perceived accomplishments"? I'm not going to go there...

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Who is the EDD person? Is his full name Edward or Edgar?

Reaction Score
Put me in the "what if" crowd. I have not moved beyond it. Just imagine how good this team would be with her on it. She scored 40 on what may be the best team in the Big 10 and definitely a Top 25 team. Check the power rankings folks. Delaware is rating VERY high and is #1 on Massey's list. And it is all because of her. But it is what it is. I never bought the "burn out" story. But, whatever the reason, she decided that UConn wasn't for her. What is clear is that, if she is happy, she can be one of the best players in the game and that is exactly what we thought she was when we recruited her. It is just a shame it didn't work out. I firmly believe we would be the best team BY FAR if Elena was on it. Not even the giant of Waco would be able to stop us. And, actually, I think UConn would have blown out Baylor with Elena on the team.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
. I firmly believe we would be the best team BY FAR if Elena was on it. Not even the giant of Waco would be able to stop us. And, actually, I think UConn would have blown out Baylor with Elena on the team.
Can you imagine EDD and Stef pitching the ball inside and out and back again over the defenses at 6'5".

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Elena has been a supremely talented player for a long time. As Geno noted when she signed, there was some question about her toughness. I think that has improved this year.

Some people were upset about the fact that she left or how she left. I was disappointed and a little upset. But I understand why she did it.

I think we lost out on a very, very good player, but Elena also lost out on the best coaching and teammates available. Her decision was a non-basketball decision.

In terms of "what if," it is hard to say. Would the 2008-9 team have been as good, or did they take her departure as additional motivation?

It is not too much of a stretch to think that UConn could have run the table in 2010-11 as well as the prior two years. Then add in the next 5 with Breanna et al. TonyC would have been right, but would have been deemed a "pessimist," because the 90-game win streak record could have been an incomprehensible 300 or so. People would have been calling for anti-trust suits against UConn. :) This is the year to "get" UConn. Sure. We've beaten top 7 teams by 10 and 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom