Elena had 33 in 24 vs Rhode Island | The Boneyard

Elena had 33 in 24 vs Rhode Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
That could be a pretty good game. EDD vs Lucus.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
EDD would have the height advantage... Lucas had 22 in 38 vs WashState fri.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Elena had 28 at the half, almost as many as Tiff put up against Holy Cross by halftime last year in the opener.

In case you missed it, Bill Fennelly called Elena the best player on Team USA--over Nneka, Chiney, and Skylar. She'll be a top 5 player this year, maybe top 2.

Where will she play next year? She will be WNBA-eligible, and L.A. has the first draft pick. I believe Minnesota picks third. She has to be a top 2 selection along with Nneka.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Elena had 28 at the half, almost as many as Tiff put up against Holy Cross by halftime last year in the opener.

In case you missed it, Bill Fennelly called Elena the best player on Team USA--over Nneka, Chiney, and Skylar. She'll be a top 5 player this year, maybe top 2.

Where will she play next year? She will be WNBA-eligible, and L.A. has the first draft pick. I believe Minnesota picks third. She has to be a top 2 selection along with Nneka.
she will be WNBA eligible but she also has 1 year left at college should she choose to take it. i have no idea what she'll do, but if she decides to leave early, it seems a no brainer to take her as #1...

Reaction Score
Not to be flippant but do you think she is ready to leave home ? She left UCONN to be closer to her sister and family, will she be able to move away now ?

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Not to be flippant but do you think she is ready to leave home ? She left UCONN to be closer to her sister and family, will she be able to move away now ?

I think there is a difference at 18 as opposed to 22.

At 18, I was not ready to go that far away. I picked Ohio State for undergrad because it was free (academic scholarship) and because it was 20 minutes from my parents.

At 22, I was ready to go away for law school. I picked Duke because it was the best school on the list of schools that accepted me and had the warmest weather. I did not apply to any schools within a six-hour drive of my family. I felt I was ready to truly "go away to school."

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Also, notice the coaching staff for Rhode Island.

Cathy Inglese is the head coach (having previously coached Boston College).
Cindy Blodgett is an assistant coach (having previously been the head coach at Maine).
Kelly Morrone is an assistant coach (she was one of the top shooters for South Carolina on the team that made the Elite Eight).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think there is a difference at 18 as opposed to 22.

At 18, I was not ready to go that far away. I picked Ohio State for undergrad because it was free (academic scholarship) and because it was 20 minutes from my parents.

At 22, I was ready to go away for law school. I picked Duke because it was the best school on the list of schools that accepted me and had the warmest weather. I did not apply to any schools within a six-hour drive of my family. I felt I was ready to truly "go away to school."

And Phoenix is even warmer. Where do you go after that? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom