Elena Delle Donne returning to U.S. after Lyme disease flare-up | The Boneyard

Elena Delle Donne returning to U.S. after Lyme disease flare-up

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
" The WNBA All-Star went over to the Asian country earlier this week to join Shanxi in the Chinese Basketball league for the playoffs. She announced in a news conference Wednesday that she would be coming back to the United States.'

Delle Donne back to U.S. after Lyme flare-up

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Very sad. It seems she can never really play internationally since she needs special medical care and observation. Ugly disease.

Reaction Score
Very sad. It seems she can never really play internationally since she needs special medical care and observation. Ugly disease.

Lime Disease --you appear to know the symptoms and how it effect the body---
I've been bitten a couple of dozen times--had the target at the site 6 or more times--saved the ticks for the Health Dept--they told me they didn't want them---recently was bitten and contacted the VA clinic--and nothing. I was even bitten by a deer tick in Lime, Ct--can you believe it??

So with your apparent knowledge--how about letting us all know the symptoms. I may have it and not know!!

Reaction Score
I've been bitten a couple of dozen times--had the target at the site 6 or more times--saved the ticks for the Health Dept--they told me they didn't want them---recently was bitten and contacted the VA clinic--and nothing. I was even bitten by a deer tick in Lime, Ct--can you believe it??

So with your apparent knowledge--how about letting us all know the symptoms. I may have it and not know!!

Signs and Symptoms | Lyme Disease | CDC

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

So, I've had it twice. It is a bit of a chameleon disease with symptoms that vary victim to victim. In my case it came on quickly with generalized body aches and pains and a heavy fatigue. Sort of like a bad flu. Luckily I had the classic bulls eye at the tick bite site both times and hit the antibiotics quickly. If you don't catch it quickly even very powerful and prolonged antibiotic treatments may not do the trick, and this, unfortunately seems to have been EDD's fate. Long term sufferers can have debilitating joint pain together with crushing fatigue.

Reaction Score
So, I've had it twice. It is a bit of a chameleon disease with symptoms that vary victim to victim. In my case it came on quickly with generalized body aches and pains and a heavy fatigue. Sort of like a bad flu. Luckily I had the classic bulls eye at the tick bite site both times and hit the antibiotics quickly. If you don't catch it quickly even very powerful and prolonged antibiotic treatments may not do the trick, and this, unfortunately seems to have been EDD's fate. Long term sufferers can have debilitating joint pain together with crushing fatigue.
I-ve had the classic bulls eye circle around the tick (while still in ) and after. I have/had so many joint pains--if I had them they were not new. I got the antibiotic's once. But since I'm basically lazy no one knew if it debilitated me .
I've been bitten in Okla, Ark, Virginia (hungry mother state park is loaded), Ct, Pa and NJ (most bites there). I don't think I ever had the fatigue. Apparently I beat the odds big time.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I-ve had the classic bulls eye circle around the tick (while still in ) and after. I have/had so many joint pains--if I had them they were not new. I got the antibiotic's once. But since I'm basically lazy no one knew if it debilitated me .
I've been bitten in Okla, Ark, Virginia (hungry mother state park is loaded), Ct, Pa and NJ (most bites there). I don't think I ever had the fatigue. Apparently I beat the odds big time.

I suspect EDD could use a couple of pints of "Essence of BroadwayVa".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom