Elation - but feeling old, waxing nostalgic | The Boneyard

Elation - but feeling old, waxing nostalgic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I know I am not the oldest fan on this forum but. . . In 1980, when UConn joined the Big East, several of my friends & I started buying seasons tix. Back in the 80's it was less expensive to buy Women's season tix than to donate $$$ in order to 'earn' 2 additional points :)
I can remember the 100 fans or so in the old field house watching the women's games. Kathy Johns was the highlight of the trip to Storrs - it certainly wasn't encouraging watching the Huskies get their butts kicked most games.

Then the Irishman and the Italian came to town. My how things changed - immediately!

Who could have possibly predicted what would come next? I am no longer the total screaming maniac fan in the stands - too old for that now - but how could you be prouder of the programs than on this day?

Great job Huskies!

Reaction Score
I know I am not the oldest fan on this forum but. . . In 1980, when UConn joined the Big East, several of my friends & I started buying seasons tix. Back in the 80's it was less expensive to buy Women's season tix than to donate $ in order to 'earn' 2 additional points :)
I can remember the 100 fans or so in the old field house watching the women's games. Kathy Johns was the highlight of the trip to Storrs - it certainly wasn't encouraging watching the Huskies get their butts kicked most games.

Then the Irishman and the Italian came to town. My how things changed - immediately!

Who could have possibly predicted what would come next? I am no longer the total screaming maniac fan in the stands - too old for that now - but how could you be prouder of the programs than on this day?

Great job Huskies!
Wow. I love to read things like this! :)

Reaction Score
I know I am not the oldest fan on this forum but. . . In 1980, when UConn joined the Big East, several of my friends & I started buying seasons tix. Back in the 80's it was less expensive to buy Women's season tix than to donate $ in order to 'earn' 2 additional points :)

Great job Huskies!

LOL!! ctjr. Awesome stuff. I remember those days as well. I arrived in the fall of 1987, freshmen on campus. I remember during a women's game( which in most cases was free to get in because nobody wanted to watch girls play basketball), the place was open, so there would be people running or walking on the track getting their workout on. It was like we were a D-III program. Oh man, my favorite memory, and to show how far UConn has advanced; during the women's basketball practice, there would be this huge long curtain that would divide the Field House. We would have baseball and track practice going an, off on some side court, a group of guys/gals would be playing intramural games as well :) We have come a long way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom