Elam Ending | The Boneyard

Elam Ending

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Actually I stole the topic off the Men's Board. Evidently the TBT is using this in all their games after a trial last year. Here is the comment I posted on the men's side.

I have played and watched this game for years. Once we could dunk the ball, then we couldn't, then we can. It's a non-contact sport. No its a non collision sport. Now its contact under the hoop, but don't touch that point guard. And if he's within the circle everything's legal including a full nelson. Once every shot from the field was for two points. (Hello Pete Maravich). Now we got guys shooting from another zip code for 3. The game is a game. (How's that for a quote.) There is nothing holy or sacred about the game. I want the excitement of the scramble to come from behind. Win on hustle and guts, not because the other team falls apart at the free throw line. Win because you earned it, not because you can make an uncontested 15 footer. That's the game I love and miss. Let's do this!

Reaction Score
The way to end the endless fouls at the end of games is to not award a change of possessions, which is what the whole point of fouling is about. Inside 4 mins, after the third foul, the fouled team gets a free throw and keeps possession. Free throws are the equivalent of school figures in ice skating. Endless fouls late rarely work in this age where even 7 foot centers shoot 3's and the strategy belongs on the dust heap alongside the 4 corner offense.

Reaction Score
The way to end the endless fouls at the end of games is to not award a change of possessions, which is what the whole point of fouling is about. Inside 4 mins, after the third foul, the fouled team gets a free throw and keeps possession. Free throws are the equivalent of school figures in ice skating. Endless fouls late rarely work in this age where even 7 foot centers shoot 3's and the strategy belongs on the dust heap alongside the 4 corner offense.
I wholly endorse that suggestion. The way games end in basketball is awful. That would surely cure the problem. Great idea!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom