El Amin story | The Boneyard

El Amin story

Reaction Score
Just met a guy who claimed to be an assistant coach at Khalid El Amin's high school. He said he was in charge of the bed checks on a road trip. He checked all the rooms and no El Amin. Rather than report El Amin, he decided to have a cigarette and check again after. He went behind the hotel and lit up. Then he saw a figure approaching the back door. It was Khalid. He had a chicken finger in one hand, a joint in the other, and a bag of chicken fingers under his arm. He told El Amin to get right to the room. And then forget about everything. He said El Amin was so good in high school, that it was better to forget everything and just let him play.

Could all be bull spit.

But he was talking to a coach on the phone who knew everything about the Connecticut Pride. The coach on the phone claimed he coached Ollie and Marshall when they played in the Armory. It sure rang true.

Reaction Score
Not a shocker. It was well known, at least I thought it was, that el amin loved to eat. A lot. I have heard similar stories of him walking back with all sorts of fried food, etc. under his armpit..

Reaction Score
I thought it was 4.3 or 4.2.

I can't vouch for the story. But he seemed to know a lot about El Amin and college basketball in general.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Now I want fried chicken. Should I go with KFC, Popeye's, or Crown tonight?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
What was that fried chicken place in the 80's? I don't think I ever went there but I have a vague memory of a TV chimerical when I was little... "If it wasn't good, you wouldn't come back now would ya?"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom