Ekmark throws down some smack talk... | The Boneyard

Ekmark throws down some smack talk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Gotta love this kid. In the article linked below, it's about Ekmark and Mychal Johnson's reaction to Achowa's ACL tear...

UCONN, ND recruits share pain

But in the article Ekmark replies to Westbeld's hopes that ND can pull through through to win, with the bench coming together to overcome Achonwa's absence ...

Ekmark, of course, isn't expecting that to happen. She firmly believes her Huskies will beat Stanford in Sunday's semifinals. And, if Notre Dame gets past Maryland in its Sunday semifinal, Ekmark is not worried at all.

"I don't think it's much of a rivalry -- at least it hasn't been until recently," Ekmark said. "UConn has won way more games. It's turned into a little bit of a rivalry lately -- but not much
."

I guess if UCONN and ND win, we can expect comments from Muffet about being the appetizer, runner up in the pageant, or another JV reference! LOL. Love this kid already!

Reaction Score
She's right. A rivalry takes a little more than a couple of competitive years. A rivalry is born out of two teams' history with each other, but when one team has won 70% of the games, well, it ain't much of a rivalry any more than if Providence had suddenly won a few games against UConn. It is good for the team claiming to be a Huskies rival though. What better way to market yourself into a prime time ESPN slot than to claim you're a rival to the greatest WCBB team?

Reaction Score
She's right. A rivalry takes a little more than a couple of competitive years. A rivalry is born out of two teams' history with each other, but when one team has won 70% of the games, well, it ain't much of a rivalry any more than if Providence had suddenly won a few games against UConn. It is good for the team claiming to be a Huskies rival though. What better way to market yourself into a prime time ESPN slot than to claim you're a rival to the greatest WCBB team?

The team that legitimately held that distinction chose to give it up "voluntarily", I suppose the Irish were next in line.

Reaction Score
I think ND-UCONN is a rivalry. And if Providence had suddenly won a a few games against UCONN, that would have become a rivalry too. But I do love the 'tude - ".. a little bit of a rivalry lately -- but not much." And especially...."But the reality is that anyone who is good is UCONN's rival because everyone is trying to beat us." Love the "US"!! That's who I want to be part of "us"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom