EJ Norris moved to TE | The Boneyard

EJ Norris moved to TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Prototypes! Sigh:(. I hope he excels. We need help at Tight End and he looks too talented to ride pine. Now lets get Knappe on the field.

Reaction Score
Not a foreign position...

High School: Was a receiver on offense and had 20 receptions for 440 yards and four TDs ... Also made 102 tackles with 16.0 sacks ... Also had two interceptions (one returned for a TD), two forced fumbles, two recovered fumbles. Had a 39.8 yard punting average ... Had 24 receptions for 522 yards and four TDs as a tight end ... Was named Washington Post All-Metro as a tight end ... Was a first team all-conference pick ... Played in Chesapeake Bowl All-Star Game.

Reaction Score
Prototypes! Sigh:(. I hope he excels. We need help at Tight End and he looks too talented to ride pine. Now lets get Knappe on the field.

Hoping he can make some plays out there! Nothing but positivity from me this week!

Reaction Score
This......I just don't understand.

I'm all for getting the best players on the field somehow/somewhere but I was wondering about that as well. Can Frank be better than Norris in the DE rotation after Pruitt, Willman. Jesse Joseph?

Reaction Score
I don't know.....the kid was good enough to see the field at DE as a true frosh. Now 2 weeks into the regular season and you move him to a new position, where it's gonna take him a bit to learn technique, dive into the playbook, etc? Kinda reeks of desperation. Maybe they're looking to RS him? Just doesn't make sense to me. But what do I know?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
But its interesting, he seem to have fallen off the depth chart and out of the rotation on the Defensive Line too. At the risk of sounding like an idiot, did he get any snaps against Towson on defense? I dont think he did...

Reaction Score
I'm all for getting the best players on the field somehow/somewhere but I was wondering about that as well. Can Frank be better than Norris in the DE rotation after Pruitt, Willman. Jesse Joseph?

My thoughts exactly. Why burn this kid's redshirt last year, if last year's fullback is a better DE? More head scratching material from P and company, but at the same time I understand this is a "all hands on deck season" for P and company so redshirts and rationale be damned.

Reaction Score
My thoughts exactly. Why burn this kid's redshirt last year, if last year's fullback is a better DE? More head scratching material from P and company, but at the same time I understand this is a "all hands on deck season" for P and company so redshirts and rationale be damned.

Didn't Jesse Joseph's injury force the redshirt issue for EJ?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I've always felt that coaches put a couple of true freshman on the field every year just so they can tell prospects that they you will play as a frosh if your exceptional. Its a recruiting tool.

Reaction Score
Didn't Jesse Joseph's injury force the redshirt issue for EJ?

You maybe right, but he didn't particularly overwhelm when he did play (no fault of his, he just didn't seem strong enough prior to getting hurt) which begs the question, could you have gotten a similar contribution from a Kenton Adeyemi or Jean Louis and preserved the kid's redshirt? I'm not a coach and I'm not at practice, but it's hard for me to fathom that we couldn't have gotten a similar contribution from someone else last year and allowed this kid to develop.

Reaction Score
I've always felt that coaches put a couple of true freshman on the field every year just so they can tell prospects that they you will play as a frosh if your exceptional. Its a recruiting tool.

Maybe your right, but I would do it a skill position. Very few linemen are ready to contribute as true frosh out of high school, particularly at the level we generally recruit at.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
thanks, can anyone name the six? joseph, stephen, frank, kenton?, ?, ?

Answering myself; the roster listed DE's are as follows w/Pruitt at DE per Silver's article :

1Willman
2Joseph
3Pruitt
4Battle Santos
5McBryde
6Frank

true freshman:
7Ormsby
8Stapleton
9Stevens

As for TE:

1McQuillian
2Norris
3Parker (non scholly)
4Boland
5Myers
6Sallquist (non scholly)

Next year we add:
7Fuchs
8Bloom

Reaction Score
Answering myself; the roster listed DE's are as follows w/Pruitt at DE per Silver's article :

1Willman
2Joseph
3Pruitt
4Battle Santos
5McBryde
6Frank

true freshman:
7Ormsby
8Stapleton
9Stevens

As for TE:

1McQuillian
2Norris
3Parker (non scholly)
4Boland
5Myers
6Sallquist (non scholly)

Next year we add:
7Fuchs
8Bloom

and technically Carrezola but he can play DE as well.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
and technically Carrezola but he can play DE as well.
Yeah, I kinda already have him moved to DE given we should be awash in TEs by next year. Hard to see Myers, Fuchs, McQuillian, Bloom and Norris not have a battle royale for playing time in '14 and '15. And perhaps Boland too, althought I could see him heading by to DT...

Reaction Score
Yeah, I kinda already have him moved to DE given we should be awash in TEs by next year. Hard to see Myers, Fuchs, McQuillian, Bloom and Norris not have a battle royale for playing time in '14 and '15. And perhaps Boland too, althought I could see him heading by to DT...

That's the problem in my mind w/ figuring out TE/DE in high school... big kids that have good feet/decent hands/some speed get cubby-holed in this bucket. Some are easy to project at the next level and others it's much tougher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom