EJ Barthel to Nebraska | Page 2 | The Boneyard

EJ Barthel to Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rosa is a CT kid who is best friends with someone on the basketball team so i would be shocked if he left
And both are on the record saying they want to play for UConn

Reaction Score
I am not saying he is going. He will make an individual decision.

Barthel is a loss. However, Mora has proven he can make very good hiring decisions. And as long as Charlton stays, there will be a strong commitment to the running game.

Reaction Score
Barthel is a big loss and I wish him the best, however, its an RB coach and not a DC or OC. Mora will open his rolodex and call some experienced NFL dude.
Maybe the Raiders will fire Josh McDaniels and open up the possibility of Kennedy Polamalu coming, lol

Reaction Score
EJ was one of the best position coaches ever at UConn. The players loved him but I don’t see Rosa leaving. He wants to fulfill Barthel’s prediction that he’ll become the best running back in UConn history. This football program is gaining stature and Rosa’s local roots hold the promise of a lucrative future well beyond football.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would not be shocked if Rosa left. He was 4th on depth chart and got his chance due to injury. All the players ahead of him are returning. He might follow the coach. Don't put too much stock into the Bristol thing.

Be nice if he stayed.
Strongly doubt it. He’s cleaning his roommate in the best friends since grade school. he’s proven himself as a freshman. I guarantee you he’s not worried about losing playing time.

Reaction Score
Strongly doubt it. He’s cleaning his roommate in the best friends since grade school. he’s proven himself as a freshman. I guarantee you he’s not worried about losing playing time.
Agree. If he was worried about losing playing time not sure going to Nebraska would be a ticket to more. Know nothing about their running backs but seems like Big14 school would be able to get a few really good ones (especially new coach and transfer portal).

Reaction Score
Really odd twitter transition. From saying how much work the UConn guys have put in and pound the rock for UConn, to retweeting two players who announced their offers for Nebraska and then him in a Nebraska shirt saying Pound the rock for Nebraska. Would have thought there would have been a tweet like "Thanks to Mora or UConn, but I'm out". And the players from Nebraska who are recruited already tagging him in the tweets. Interesting.

Reaction Score
Really odd twitter transition. From saying how much work the UConn guys have put in and pound the rock for UConn, to retweeting two players who announced their offers for Nebraska and then him in a Nebraska shirt saying Pound the rock for Nebraska. Would have thought there would have been a tweet like "Thanks to Mora or UConn, but I'm out". And the players from Nebraska who are recruited already tagging him in the tweets. Interesting.
No room for feelings. He needs to be recruiting for Nebraska immediately. It was no different when the coaches came here last year.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Ummm...does he scrub his back?

Reaction Score
I miss Barthel already... ink hasn't even dried on his new opportunity yet....

... with that said, maybe (just maybe) we take a quick peak at former Nebraska RB coach (currently a top assistant at North Alabama) Ryan Held? ... we're ascending, so maybe it could be a fit (band aid at least)?

Reaction Score
Ok? I’m sure they’ll miss him but he’s not leaving. Stop being paranoid
I wasn’t, I don’t see him leaving at all and saw it as he will be missed but there is no reason to believe he will leave.

Reaction Score
No room for feelings. He needs to be recruiting for Nebraska immediately. It was no different when the coaches came here last year.
It's certainly different than when he came last year:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221130-102031.png
    Screenshot_20221130-102031.png
    991.4 KB · Views: 174
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics