Egypt-Lithuania full game | The Boneyard

Egypt-Lithuania full game

Reaction Score
box score says she 1 for 7 on 3's, or am I misreading it??? 13 rebounds were more than anyone else, but she played a lot of minutes.

Reaction Score
box score says she 1 for 7 on 3's, or am I misreading it??? 13 rebounds were more than anyone else, but she played a lot of minutes.
Ugh, looks like the boxscore is not up to date. She had at least a couple more that were legit. The highlight was the three-quarter court shot at 55:00 in the video above. Crazy! I was pretty excited on first watch since the onscreen clock made it look good. On re-watch I saw FIBA failed to sync it's broadcast with the game clock. :mad:

Reaction Score
I haven’t had a chance to watch this one, but the box score suggests a typical Jana game. 28 pts in 36 minutes, 58% from 2, 1/7 from 3 (not auspicious) and 5/6 on FTs. 13 rebounds, 2 steals and 6 TOs. The rest of the team struggled badly. It looks like Lithuania must have played some pretty good D, though Jana could only be contained, not shut down. She is a force on offense.

Also of note: Jana is now 25/27 on FTs. And so far, I haven’t seen the Juste Jocyte we’ve heard so many great things about. Perhaps she’ll put together a special game soon.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I haven’t had a chance to watch this one, but the box score suggests a typical Jana game. 28 pts in 36 minutes, 58% from 2, 1/7 from 3 (not auspicious) and 5/6 on FTs. 13 rebounds, 2 steals and 6 TOs. The rest of the team struggled badly. It looks like Lithuania must have played some pretty good D, though Jana could only be contained, not shut down. She is a force on offense.

Also of note: Jana is now 25/27 on FTs. And so far, I haven’t seen the Juste Jocyte we’ve heard so many great things about. Perhaps she’ll put together a special game soon.
Here’s a bit of new on Jocyte - and Fournier

Reaction Score
Here’s a bit of new on Jocyte - and Fournier

Looks like Jocyte has done some good things already.

Reaction Score
Looks like Jocyte has done some good things already.
Jocyte seemed to be more of a facilitator than a shooter which is strange considering how deadly a shot she has......

Reaction Score
As noted by others, the guards did not look for Jana in the post. These games aren’t a good indication of what she’ll do at UConn but they are a nice showcase for her skills
True very hard to judge, because her guards don't know how to feed the post at all. Sometimes the only way Jana can get the ball is to come out to the perimeter and show off her ball handling skills.

The turnovers are also largely high because of the difficulty getting her the ball and the fact that she is doubled so much. The difference between what she gets from her teammates vs. being fed in the post by Nika and Paige is about as big as it gets, and she will not face many double teams at Uconn, and in addition Azzi, Paige and Caroline will stretch the floor opening up the inside.

The competition at high level Division 1 will be much better than she faces here, but all these other factors will make it easier for her to score efficiently than in this tournament where she is still managing to get it done, mostly by herself. I watched some of the Africa tournaments last year and the competition there was even worse. Egypt was second in that, but in this field, including Asia, Europe and America, they are near the bottom of the pack, but she is getting it done against against world competition this time.

It will also be interesting to see how well she can do on the national team coached by her dad against players of all ages, where she will be one of the youngest to make any of the national teams. I believe that is on her agenda for later this summer as well.

Reaction Score
Jocyte seemed to be more of a facilitator than a shooter which is strange considering how deadly a shot she has......
Depending on her coach's system and the players on her team, Jocyte appears able to take on 99% of the roles. Predict name we will continue to hear more and more of in coming years.

Reaction Score
I’ll make the excuses. Egypt mainly plays a 2-3 zone which makes boxing out much harder, as well as pik and roll defense. It’s clear this team has not really been coached for help defense.

What I mainly see is a very able scorer with excellent handles and a ferocious spirit. We haven’t had a lot of those recently in the post, just Dorka and Aaliyah, and I think Jana’s skills will soon be better than theirs were last season. And she has a motor when she needs it. Nika will growl her into using that motor more consistently.

I suspect she’s ready to learn Geno’s defense. Either she’ll learn it or she won’t. If she doesn’t, she won’t get much playing time. But she’s got too much heart to be content riding the bench. I predict she’ll be a 30 min/g player by November ‘24, and may be up to 20 mins by the middle of this season.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What I mainly see is a very able scorer with excellent handles and a ferocious spirit. We haven’t had a lot of those recently in the post, just Dorka and Aaliyah, and I think Jana’s skills will soon be better than theirs were last season.
Can we give the kid a chance to play her first college game before heaping expectations on her?

Reaction Score
Jana handled herself with poise and a fierce feel for the game. With the better players( passers) at Uconn she will be a much greater threat to score than she showed in this game. I said it before, Jana will be an AA, more than once. What she lacks in defense as was posted by Huskynan as like a fresh man( she is) will be corrected when she starts playing for Geno. With her BB background, I believe she will learn and progress rapidly and then, WATCH OUT. Jana will be a force to be reckoned with. GO JANA NEXT YEAR! GO HUSKIES!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Game is over but replay is available here

I watched the first two 2 minutes. I couldn't watch anymore. Egypt was not a good team. They gave away too many uncontested baskets.
Thanks for posting Nan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom