Ef the Chat Room-Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Ef the Chat Room-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The reason is they couldn't cover you in a coat closet, let alone any D-1 receiver.

^^^ This!!!

It's hard to imagine that certain people haven't seen this aspect all year long (I won't mention any names). They are really bad...

Reaction Score
I wish the CT State Police would issue an arrest warrant for Paul Pasqualoni and Jeff Hathaway for first degree murder of a football program. Also issue them for members of the prestigious CT High School Coaches Association.

Reaction Score
I'm done. This is high school football. I can't believe I was in south bend to see us beat n, and now we are a pile of poop.

Reaction Score
There is a saying: You can't teach an old dog new tricks. False, you sure as he-l-l can teach him how to play dead, and that dog can get REALLY good at it.

True, but apparently you cant teach an old dog old tricks either. Playing a receiver tight is not exactly a new strategy.

Reaction Score
Disagree. UCONN would be in this game right now if we ran right at Temple. We have been successful tonight running right at Temple. Then open up the passing game. But tailor the passing to the QBs and receivers. Run slants and outs. Quick drops. I can't understand running misdirection at all. I can't understand throwing bombs. Why not let Cochran run once or twice? Did anyone like the two razzle dazzle plays in the first half? This is on coaching, not the players.

It'' on the coaching no question to a large degree. And I agree we should be playing to the players strengths but we are very short in the talent department.

We have very few guys on this team that if they transferred/left that would really be missed.

Reaction Score
^^^ This!!!

It's hard to imagine that certain people haven't seen this aspect all year long (I won't mention any names). They are really bad...

Hank has you brain washed. You are praising the D-Line right now and we're 21-0 against Temple... your rediculous! the D is ranked 60th in the country and we're 50th against the run, but "our D-Line is really good" Please! now have fun bashing our players and save Hanks name moron.

Reaction Score
Honest Question-

How does Paul Paqualoni and Jeff Hathaway sleep at night?

Reaction Score
I understand that the defense lost a number of key players to the NFL last year (how did they lose so often then?), but the defense that UCONN is putting on the field now is abysmal, and I am not sure it is caused by a lack talent.

Reaction Score
Guys, it'ss the coaching. If you don't pressure the QB, the receivers have a huge advantage over the DBs. Unless UCONN takes out the DEs and puts in LBs or DBs on the edge to rush and contain the running QB/passer, the QB will complete passes all day long or run all over the place. Sure the defense isn't as talented as last year, but it does not have to be this bad.

Look at the offense. Think about this. Almost the whole offense except Nick Williams and Ryan Griffin (neither were fully utilized last year) are back this year, yet the offense is horrific.

Reaction Score
The secondary? these kids are 5-10 yards away from the receivers, which gives the offense time to pick that secondary apart.

With no pass rush if we played a press defense teams would have many more long passing TD's. Many more.

As I read through a couple of pages I wondered why you guys would torture yourselves and discuss this madness. Then I go ahead and post. Go figure.

BTW...the Foxx to CC pass play was set up for a long gain. Blockers out front with open field. But as usual, this team just can't make anything happen.

There is a dark abyss and this team is swirling around in it. Oh, it hurts so bad. Can't fathom how the players feel. Regardless of how they are playing it must be their worst nightmare.

Reaction Score
True, but apparently you cant teach an old dog old tricks either. Playing a receiver tight is not exactly a new strategy.

^^^^^^ This!!! It's hard to imagine that certain people haven't gotten it this aspect all year long... your a scrub bro and seems you know nothing about football especially what impact a coach makes

Reaction Score
Did any one catch the David Carr halftime feature. Nice story about him and his 4 month old son.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Hank has you brain washed. You are praising the D-Line right now and we're 21-0 against Temple... your rediculous! the D is ranked 60th in the country and we're 50th against the run, but "our D-Line is really good" Please! now have fun bashing our players and save Hanks name moron.

All year, the defense has been in the 50's against the run. The D-Line is not the problem. Everything else is.

And I'm not sure where you get this friggin' idea that I think Hank Hughes is a defensive god. He's an average DC. I'm just not willing to anoint Don Brown as a defensive god either. Don Brown's style of defense, with this secondary, would get gashed just like they're getting right now. The reason is that we don't have a corner that can cover anyone. Is Hughes capable of coaching us out of that quandary? No. And neither is Brown...

Reaction Score
Guys, it'ss the coaching. If you don't pressure the QB, the receivers have a huge advantage over the DBs. Unless UCONN takes out the DEs and puts in LBs or DBs on the edge to rush and contain the running QB/passer, the QB will complete passes all day long or run all over the place. Sure the defense isn't as talented as last year, but it does not have to be this bad.

Look at the offense. Think about this. Almost the whole offense except Nick Williams and Ryan Griffin (neither were fully utilized last year) are back this year, yet the offense is horrific.

^^^^ This!!!! Lol he still won't get it

Reaction Score
Gosh, what our beloved team would give to have Nick Williams and Ryan Griffin back in the line up. Not sure they could complete a pass to them, but at least they could manage yards after the catch.

Reaction Score
It'' on the coaching no question to a large degree. And I agree we should be playing to the players strengths but we are very short in the talent department.

We have very few guys on this team that if they transferred/left that would really be missed.

Why don't we try LBs at DE? Our problem on the DL is not being overpowered. We are not fast enough at DE to run down or contain the QB. Almost the whole offense was back this year, yet now they are terrible? This is coaching.

Reaction Score
All year, the defense has been in the 50's against the run. The D-Line is not the problem. Everything else is.

And I'm not sure where you get this friggin' idea that I think Hank Hughes is a defensive god. He's an average DC. I'm just not willing to anoint Don Brown as a defensive god either. Don Brown's style of defense, with this secondary, would get gashed just like they're getting right now. The reason is that we don't have a corner that can cover anyone. Is Hughes capable of coaching us out of that quandary? No. And neither is Brown...
I agree the D-line has been the strength, but more so because teams can throw at will against and not have to run the ball as much.

Reaction Score

No DB can cover when there is no pass rush. Where are the athletic pass rushers? PP wanted prototypes so we have 250 to 300 lb DEs that don't have the speed or athleticism to rush the passer or contain a running QB.

Reaction Score
To be honest, I don't think it's the line that is the problem. Yeah, we could definitely use some more speed on the edges, but we are good against the run. It's the supporting linebackers who need more range, and the secondary is putrid. I mean....really really really bad...
Don't be fooled. They are slow and unathletic. Have to get back to some speed off the edge, (think Cody Brown, Lindsey Whitten, Julius Williams) and quickness inside, (Kendall Reyes, Twyon Martin, Deon McPhee, Rhema Fuller) I got look at this defense and just see peices that don't fit.

Reaction Score
21 - 0. I would not use the word 'strength' in relation to our defense, or offense. However, I have to give credit to the Temple QB. UCONN does not make them look like a 1-9 team.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Nice run! Keep runnin', boys...

Reaction Score
PP wanted prototypes that would stop the vaunted Yale running game in the 1940's. Unfortunately, he succeeded.

Reaction Score
Don't be fooled. They are slow and unathletic. Have to get back to some speed off the edge, (think Cody Brown, Lindsey Whitten, Julius Williams) and quickness inside, (Kendall Reyes, Twyon Martin, Deon McPhee, Rhema Fuller) I got look at this defense and just see peices that don't fit.

Edsall was fine with 230 to 240 lb DEs. PP was not, so we have what we have. In addition, Edsall recruited speed/athleticism at DT over size. PP did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom