Edsall | The Boneyard

Edsall

Reaction Score
The talent level obviously stinks but there is still absolutely no excuse for this, everyone is absolutely lost. It looks like a confused high school team playing against a big time college team. They don't know how to make any reads, they don't know how to tackle, they don't know how to take an angle, don't know how to block etc.

Randy Edsall's career record is now 99-115. There was a time when we were worried about him leaving to take over the Notre Dame or Penn State program, seems absolutely insane in retrospect.

Reaction Score
The talent level obviously stinks but there is still absolutely no excuse for this, everyone is absolutely lost. It looks like a confused high school team playing against a big time college team. They don't know how to make any reads, they don't know how to tackle, they don't know how to take an angle, don't know how to block etc.

Randy Edsall's career record is now 99-115. There was a time when we were worried about him leaving to take over the Notre Dame or Penn State program, seems absolutely insane in retrospect.
For many of them it's only their 2nd game since high school. That's why if you can afford it, you redshirt your freshman. That being said I saw Terry miss a couple of tackles, that ended up being 1st downs.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
We knew they would be young this year. But this team is god awful in all aspects except P & K.
This is a tshow way beyond Dracula and RedPantz

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Who knew the inspirational tweets wouldn’t work?

Yeah...this is bad. Not sure if the program has enough time for Edsall’s methodical approach.

Reaction Score
Slow. Can't get off blocks. It's really bad. They stunt and get pushed back 5 yards off line of scrimmage. Bring back Hank Hughes.

Reaction Score
I think everyone knew this was going to be a complete rebuild but no one realized how bad the talent already here was

Reaction Score
Rebuild sure. But this is a HUGE step backwards, like to FCS level. This is pitiful to say the least.

Reaction Score
I'm amazed Randy seems to be getting a pass. I get that the cupboard was bare but this is just disgusting.

Once upon a time the program had some legit momentum and was a competent football team. Edsall was shady as hell in the way he took his "dream job" we had no plan and the program has been a disaster since. The program is such a disaster they were forced to take back the guy who burned them because he is the only guy we could pay and actually wanted the job.

Do people actually feel some sort of allegiance to this guy or do they just think he needs many years to make us look even remotely competent?

It's now year two and we look even worse than we ever did under PP or Dingbat hotpants.

Reaction Score
I'm amazed Randy seems to be getting a pass. I get that the cupboard was bare but this is just disgusting.

Once upon a time the program had some legit momentum and was a competent football team. Edsall was shady as hell in the way he took his "dream job" we had no plan and the program has been a disaster since. The program is such a disaster they were forced to take back the guy who burned them because he is the only guy we could pay and actually wanted the job.

Do people actually feel some sort of allegiance to this guy or do they just think he needs many years to make us look even remotely competent?

It's now year two and we look even worse than we ever did under PP or Dingbat hotpants.
Honestly PP's team would destroy this team imo. This is just bad, really bad!

Reaction Score

PP had Edsall players and Diaco had PP players. Now Randy has Diaco players. You're blaming the wrong guy

Reaction Score
I think everyone knew this was going to be a complete rebuild but no one realized how bad the talent already here was
I'd bet the last team coached by Diaco would win vs this team. Diaco actually went to a bowl game. I mean he was a horrible coach, and should be replaced. But it seems we took a big step backwards with Edsall. And this defense under Crocker, seriously is like a high school D, just learning how to play football.

Reaction Score
I'd bet the last team coached by Diaco would win vs this team. Diaco actually went to a bowl game. I mean he was a horrible coach, and should be replaced. But it seems we took a big step backwards with Edsall. And this defense under Crocker, seriously is like a high school D, just learning how to play football.

PP lost to an FCS team and got completely blown out by Buffalo. Not 2 legit top 25 teams. Diaco was getting blown out by everybody.

We are absolutely awful, and worse defensively than those teams, but overall we were just a bad. And the bottom line is we've been terrible since Edsall 1.0's recruits were gone. Next year we can start giving Edsall the credit or blame for the roster. Right now its on Diaco, and the other bad years it was Diaco and PP

Reaction Score
PP lost to an FCS team and got completely blown out by Buffalo. Not 2 legit top 25 teams. Diaco was getting blown out by everybody.

We are absolutely awful, and worse defensively than those teams, but overall we were just a bad. And the bottom line is we've been terrible since Edsall 1.0's recruits were gone. Next year we can start giving Edsall the credit or blame for the roster. Right now its on Diaco, and the other bad years it was Diaco and PP
I tend to agree with you. Players do play the game. But coaching definitely matters!! Look at UCF with Scott Frost.

Reaction Score
Edsall is and has always been a play not to lose coach. This produces weak teams that will usually beat the teams they are suppose to. But it is awful to watch especially when we play good teams.

Reaction Score
Edsall is and has always been a play not to lose coach. This produces weak teams that will usually beat the teams they are suppose to. But it is awful to watch especially when we play good teams.
Well these days it's looking like a play not to win coach.

Reaction Score
I was pulling for Edsall to succeed at UCONN. I was disappointed he didn't succeed at Maryland but in the end, it was clear why he didn't.

He may have done a good job at UCONN the first time, but he clearly didn't make the transition to a Power Five Conference team. And it is also apparent, that there are some missing things even back at UCONN.

The two recruiting classes he's brought in for you guys does not bode well. Last years and the one that's taking shape this year. The recruiting rankings are not wrong. He's not finding hidden gems. Yes, maybe a few will be hidden gems. But by and large, the recruiting rankings are accurate. And 24/7 has your current class ranked 134th when the top eight in your conference are ranked in the top 75 recruiting classes in the nation.

Like I said, I was pulling for Edsall just as I was pulling for him at Maryland. But I don't see any option for you guys other than to get rid of this guy as soon as possible. Otherwise in three years you'll be five years into being the worst team in your conference.

Reaction Score

He did the same thing his first years here and at Maryland. When he doesn 't have his own players it's a mess. It should surprise no one that it's a s--- show. This is what Benedict signed up for.

He has about a year or 2 to clean up the mess that started with him leaving in 2011 or it's time to end the experiment of 1-A.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Thus far, it’s clear what Randy is doing in 2.0 isn’t working. You really need to struggle to identify any real progress. Especially with recruiting, defense and heck just about everything other than punting. He will need to do some things very differently - and that’s tough for someone his age. I am rooting for him.

Reaction Score
He did the same thing his first years here and at Maryland. When he doesn 't have his own players it's a mess. It should surprise no one that it's a s--- show. This is what Benedict signed up for.

He has about a year or 2 to clean up the mess that started with him leaving in 2011 or it's time to end the experiment of 1-A.
I'm willing to give him five years to right the ship, not just a year or two. I don't think anyone disagrees that Edsall is a great evaluator of talent, and not just player talent but also of coaching talent. The first time around Edsall surrounded himself with a score of excellent recruiters and teaching assistants that have since gone on as successful coaches in their own right. It's unfortunate that Lashley only lasted one season, and while Dunn appears to be a competent game coach and teacher he needs to prove his worth as a recruiter as well. Crocker will be given his walking papers soon or at the end of the season, I'm sure of that unless the defense miraculously improves. Also remember that Edsall still has two more games to decide who among the freshman gets redshirted. If Crocker gets the heave hoe soon my guess is Edsall takes over the defense and or Wholley is named interim DC. All that being said, Edsall needs to be flexible with his assistant coaches and not turn into another stubborn old man like PP was. He needs to more than anything retain the talented coaches under him (like Lashley) and get rid of ones who more and more look like mistakes (Crocker), and be open to new ideas from his coaches.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom