Edsall to Jags Rumors starting up again | The Boneyard

Edsall to Jags Rumors starting up again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From this article

*A darkhorse candidate for the Jaguars job is Maryland coach Randy Edsall. It may be tough to hire a coach who is coming off a 2-10 season, but there is some sentiment in the Jaguars offices that Edsall would be a fit. Edsall coached Jaguars defensive backs for four seasons and is respected by members of the front office. He is a Tom Coughlin disciple who coached under the former Jaguars coach at three stops, and also played for him at Syracuse.

Also, ESPN Insider has picked up on it.

I still think it is a long shot but worth noting anyway.

Reaction Score
It's probably Scott Van Pelt engaging in a wishful thinking information campaign.

Inside Draw.

Reaction Score
I have not gone to the Maryland site, but I bet they would help him pack his bags.

Reaction Score
From this article

*A darkhorse candidate for the Jaguars job is Maryland coach Randy Edsall. It may be tough to hire a coach who is coming off a 2-10 season, but there is some sentiment in the Jaguars offices that Edsall would be a fit. Edsall coached Jaguars defensive backs for four seasons and is respected by members of the front office. He is a Tom Coughlin disciple who coached under the former Jaguars coach at three stops, and also played for him at Syracuse.

Also, ESPN Insider has picked up on it.

I still think it is a long shot but worth noting anyway.

LOL, can you imagine Edsall dealing with NFL egos?

Reaction Score
LOL, can you imagine Edsall dealing with NFL egos?
Laser surgery to remove all tattoos in bad taste, no cornrows or do rags.

I'd almost like to see him get the job to see the mutiny that would take place in season.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This is Randy's agent just earning his keep. Glad we don't have to deal with that pimp anymore.

That is so true. It really got old with rumors every year...it probably was his agent constantly stirring it up.

On a side note...what is the proper spelling? Doo Rag? Dew Rag? Do Rag? Due Rag? lol

Reaction Score
I wonder why they would want a Coughlin disciple. After all, they fired Coughlin.

Reaction Score
What's up with Edsall and the Jags? Is there something I'm missing?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm a Giants fan who can't stand Tom Coughlin. I'm pretty sure that Jacksonville looks at the Coughlin era as the 'good old days'.

Reaction Score
The chances that Randy Edsall will ever be a head coach in the NFL are similar to mine

I'm sure the new owner will have some input into the new head coach. And I'm even more sure that he'll want a bigger splash than Randy Edsall.

This is all ignoring that Edsall would be a terrible fit in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom