Edsall -> Sunday Conference Call heading into bye week. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Edsall -> Sunday Conference Call heading into bye week.

C

Chief00

Who from Diaco's recruits have gone on to being a game changer for another school? Tyler Davis's production is similar to what he did here. Who else?
Read the article and then my post - the article was making losing those Diaco recruits as part of an excuse for Randy’s lost recruiting year. My point is, you can’t use it as an excuse and then say they sucked. I made no opinion on if I agreed either way. My point was the contradiction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I agree with the no practice. These athletes are in school and most of them, when they leave UConn, won't be playing in the NFL. Studying for their degrees is job 1. Let the kids be students....

Reaction Score
Look, all you people who have the rose colored glasses on year after year ... WHAT WERE YOU THINKING????? Personally I chose 2 wins this year and, in a moment of unbridled and ill advised enthusiasm, ratcheted that prediction up to three wins after Illinois or some other game. I had to quickly walk that back.

The rationale was that the OL would be really good this year (even with a replacement center and TE) and even if the QB's and receivers were terrible UConn could still grind out the yards on the ground and score points. Well, that hasn't really happened. Mensah is getting his hundred every game but he isn't getting two hundred. And Thompkins is a make 'em miss guy but they can't spring him into the secondary where he has a little space. And the only reason UConn got a second win is that UMass was so god-awful compared to last year. If they were the same as last year it would have been a 50 point loss and UConn would have one win right now.

Which brings us to where we are now. If the players stay for the full five years (a big IF) as the piece points out, we are still three years away from seeing Edsall recruited players as redshirt seniors. It takes intestinal fortitude NOT to replace a coach. But I think that is what UConn must do, stand pat. Make a change now, and all the quality players recruited to this point will have other options and leave before they get here.

I would say that I agreed with you, however, I decided to say that Randy 2.0 needs to go. If our players transfer out, would that be any loss for us? I don't think that any player will be playing on Sunday. I would love to be wrong, but nope. The only coach I'd keep would be Spanos, but I'm sure as soon as the clock hit 0:00 on the last game, he'll tell Randy ...

Reaction Score
I would say that I agreed with you, however, I decided to say that Randy 2.0 needs to go. If our players transfer out, would that be any loss for us? I don't think that any player will be playing on Sunday. I would love to be wrong, but nope. The only coach I'd keep would be Spanos, but I'm sure as soon as the clock hit 0:00 on the last game, he'll tell Randy ...

Peart probably will

C

Chief00

I agree with the no practice. These athletes are in school and most of them, when they leave UConn, won't be playing in the NFL. Studying for their degrees is job 1. Let the kids be students....
True and of course that’s the first problem - Having football players who to one degree or another have to actually be students studying in their major vs. fake classes. How does that win out in the transfer portal?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom