Edsall signing day press conference | The Boneyard

Edsall signing day press conference

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I love the insight from Randy. It really helps understand how he thinks and what he looks for in kids.

But....man he is an awful speaker. He does basic things that you are taught not to do. Leaning on the podium, hands in pockets, and the worst part...lots of 'ums' and 'you know's. I know he isn't hired to speak, but I am amazed a 60 year old guy hasn't worked on this.

Reaction Score
I love the insight from Randy. It really helps understand how he thinks and what he looks for in kids.

But....man he is an awful speaker. He does basic things that you are taught not to do. Leaning on the podium, hands in pockets, and the worst part...lots of 'ums' and 'you know's. I know he isn't hired to speak, but I am amazed a 60 year old guy hasn't worked on this.
That is surprising. I was a terrible speaker early in my career. Completely comfortable by my mid fifties no matter the size of the audience.

The question I have is, does he make good eye contact? A lot can be forgiven if you make good eye contact and works all areas of the room. Looking down and reading is the number one sin in my book.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Unfortunately, he sounds like most preachers I've heard :D

Reaction Score

I like the podium lean. It says "yeah this is a formal event but let's take a beat"

Reaction Score

I don't mind the podium lean but it should be done for emphasis and not unconsciously. The worst is his rocking side to side. It makes him look unsteady. I could fix him in about three hours.

But the content of his press conference was pretty good. He obviously loves Ardell Brown. And his comment that Thomkins is already a leader was a surprise. Also gave a good explanation how the early sping practice will help us.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I don't mind the podium lean but it should be done for emphasis and not unconsciously. The worst is his rocking side to side. It makes him look unsteady. I could fix him in about three hours.

But the content of his press conference was pretty good. He obviously loves Ardell Brown. And his comment that Thomkins is already a leader was a surprise. Also gave a good explanation how the early sping practice will help us.
I agree the content is good. And the spring practice explanation helped.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I knew I would get this type of post....I didn't say I was concerned or that this is an issue. Or that this makes him a bad coach.

Just that I am surprised that a 60 year old professional who part of his job is speaking,,,,is so bad at it.

That's all....just an observation.

Reaction Score
Long couple weeks recruiting on the road and then has to come out on a night and deal with a bunch of fans, reporters and boneyarders ..I’d be so tired by that point I too would be laying on the podium and saying a crap load of umms.. you know and rocking back and forth to keep myself awake ..waiting for the clock to strike 8 so I could get the hell out of there and get home finally for some R and R .. give the damn guy a break. .. jeez.
Now back to my lazy boy and beer...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom