Edsall Says No Names On Back Of Jerseys Is Coming | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Edsall Says No Names On Back Of Jerseys Is Coming

Reaction Score
These are the best concepts I’ve ever seen by a fan. Less red with CONNECTICUT across the front would look sweet. Maybe no helmet stripe.
F68684A0-28F1-4C21-B482-D5744DA0D525.jpeg

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Any changes to uniforms need to include changing the block C helmet. The colors don’t match but are two close to be a contrast ala the LA Rams. Also, when the only gray anywhere on the uniforms is the outline on the C it is disgusting and hideous. Give that block C a red outline on a matte navy helmet and that would look like something from this century.

Reaction Score
The fact that randy is so jazzed up about the thought of the no-name good-ol-days, shows just how awesome he is. I'm sure even back then, the players loved being identified by their number only. I mean, who would even want to have their name on their jersey ? Especially 18-20 year old kids...they hate cool personalized clothing, or being recognized individually. That's why Randy is such an ace recruiter !
Can we just put "RANDY" in big bold letters where the nameplates are now ? Can we also replace the numbers with an even bigger "RANDY", in maybe neon lime green so it really stands out ? It shouldn't matter what those silly recruits like, it's not like they ever did anything for the program. It was all Randy. Just ask him...he will tell you all about his past successes. Just don't dare ask about a staff change on the worst team in the history of organized athletics... he will storm out of your stupid press conference so fast your head will spin (this is actually a double-win for Randy, because he hates seeing himself on TV). He is way too accomplished to answer a silly peasant question like that. Have you seen his recruiting ? His record ? How about his record against ranked teams ?
It's not his fault the team is struggling a bit...he needs better players !!! He told us all this quite a few times over the past 2 years. Where is the guy that gets the players ??? THAT GUY should answer stupid questions....not Randy.
In conclusion, names... no thanks

Reaction Score
The fact that randy is so jazzed up about the thought of the no-name good-ol-days, shows just how awesome he is. I'm sure even back then, the players loved being identified by their number only. I mean, who would even want to have their name on their jersey ? Especially 18-20 year old kids...they hate cool personalized clothing, or being recognized individually. That's why Randy is such an ace recruiter !
Can we just put "RANDY" in big bold letters where the nameplates are now ? Can we also replace the numbers with an even bigger "RANDY", in maybe neon lime green so it really stands out ? It shouldn't matter what those silly recruits like, it's not like they ever did anything for the program. It was all Randy. Just ask him...he will tell you all about his past successes. Just don't dare ask about a staff change on the worst team in the history of organized athletics... he will storm out of your stupid press conference so fast your head will spin (this is actually a double-win for Randy, because he hates seeing himself on TV). He is way too accomplished to answer a silly peasant question like that. Have you seen his recruiting ? His record ? How about his record against ranked teams ?
It's not his fault the team is struggling a bit...he needs better players !!! He told us all this quite a few times over the past 2 years. Where is the guy that gets the players ??? THAT GUY should answer stupid questions....not Randy.
1549303691869.png

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Is there any other team in America thinking that they ought to design their current uniforms to be a carbon copy of what they wore in 2008? I get trying to return to the block 'C' but lets not try to make our uniforms look outdated by a decade.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The below is my favorite UConn logo. Wish they had just modernized it instead of going to the fluffy Husky, which then lead to the blue wolf Husky (which I still like better than the fluffy dog).

Block C is pretty bland and generic.

images

Reaction Score
I don't fault Edsall for trying to tie the identity of the current team back to the look that was sported during the pinnacle of the program's success. That said simply putting the current team in stylized older uniforms will not suddenly have them performing like the mid 2000's. Mix in a bit of the older Block C Era touches but keep the names for the players and fans.

Reaction Score
Not the time. All it does is harder for fans to identify players. Really not the time yet. Let’s at least get 2 division 1 wins.

Reaction Score
Is there any other team in America thinking that they ought to design their current uniforms to be a carbon copy of what they wore in 2008? I get trying to return to the block 'C' but lets not try to make our uniforms look outdated by a decade.

Sounds like we are right back to P6 programs like bama, Clemson, penn state, Michigan, tOSU, Texas, usc, etc, etc. the ones the scouts and recruits avoid for their lack of hipster-ness.

Is anyone a fan of the clown suits we introduced this decade? The argument is as much about recreating a tradition as it is to stop wearing xfl unis.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Any changes to uniforms need to include changing the block C helmet. The colors don’t match but are two close to be a contrast ala the LA Rams. Also, when the only gray anywhere on the uniforms is the outline on the C it is disgusting and hideous. Give that block C a red outline on a matte navy helmet and that would look like something from this century.
Agree, but I don't think Randy does.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Randy please eliminate all JR, SR, II, III, and IV unless two or more generations are represented on the roster.

While we are at it no first initial either. if someone does not know who Williams #7 is, giving them a first initial will not help them either.

Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Instead of the Block C go with the old school C with the laces from the 73-75. If you go old school, go all the way!!
uconn helmets.jpg

Reaction Score
The block c is so overrated.
No attack "W" just conversation. The block "C" is no more overrated than the dozens of Whaler flags, hats etc at tailgates like they still existed.
The block "C" was the one ounce of tradition UConn football had at the time. It had recognition just like the smiling huskie that had a dozen or more national championships. You could go anywhere in the country and the garb did not need to say UConn or Connecticut everyone knew the logo.

Warde and Susie sold out to Nike for the brand change and in my opinion it backfired. Speaking to Warde personally before the first game that year I expressed my displeasure. I also asked flat out if he was the AD at Michigan would he get rid of the block "M"? He did not answer right away so I followed up with, what is the consensus among the fans you discuss this with. He said 70/30 in your favor.
Had to give him credit for his honesty and never would have believed in a few years he would actually be the AD at Michigan. Been watching and NO helmet or logo changes there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Randy please eliminate all JR, SR, II, III, and IV unless two or more generations are represented on the roster.

While we are at it no first initial either. if someone does not know who Williams #7 is, giving them a first initial will not help them either.

One of the dopier trends in sports.

Thanks Will Fuller for keeping us from confusing four others I guess

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No attack "W" just conversation. The block "C" is no more overrated than the dozens of Whaler flags, hats etc at tailgates like they still existed.
The block "C" was the one ounce of tradition UConn football had at the time. It had recognition just like the smiling huskie that had a dozen or more national championships. You could go anywhere in the country and the garb did not need to say UConn or Connecticut everyone knew the logo.

Warde and Susie sold out to Nike for the brand change and in my opinion it backfired. Speaking to Warde personally before the first game that year I expressed my displeasure. I also asked flat out if he was the AD at Michigan would he get rid of the block "M"? He did not answer right away so I followed up with, what is the consensus among the fans you discuss this with. He said 70/30 in your favor.
Had to give him credit for his honesty and never would have believed in a few years he would actually be the AD at Michigan. Been watching and NO helmet or logo changes there.

The Whalers logo is awesome. It’s literally the only good thing about the franchise.

The Block C is a generic letter on a helmet that looks like an unlicenced video game.

It’s better than the skunk helmets... but it’s as boring and uncreative a logo that can possibly exist.

I don’t really care that much, but the Block C is as boring as Edsall faircatching kickoffs down 57-7

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I love when people say this- the Block C has tradition all the way back to...2003.

lol
It actually was used in the early days of UConn football then disappeared for a 70 years

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You bleed Husky Blue but don't bother to read the thread, before railing against something that is not going to happen.

I'd say that UConn doesn't need fans like you, but honestly, they do. They need all the support they can muster, but support you are offering doesn't help a great deal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom