Edsall Says No Names On Back Of Jerseys Is Coming | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Edsall Says No Names On Back Of Jerseys Is Coming

Reaction Score
Niche. He cannot out glam the big boys he’s building a narrative. It definitely won’t play well with the top recruits that we aren’t getting.
Not too mention what a great moral booster it is for the players that are already there and the ones signing on Wednesday.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

this is gonna go over well

original tweet was deleted but here it is:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 9.50.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 9.50.59 PM.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 164

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

this is gonna go over well

original tweet was deleted but here it is:

Yup. O'Neil Robinson got it right. "Huh?" is the appropriate response to such a ridiculous concept...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So looking at the original exchange with Butler and the response to O’Neil Robinson it seems that Edsall is just saying that the jerseys they had on didn’t have names on them not really reading this as him saying there won’t be names on jerseys going forward.

Reaction Score
Just to be clear -

other teams will use no names on jersey to steal recruits from us. Otherwise, the 4 stars are coming here. Uh, ok.

Better yet, scouts only know players with names on jersey. Uh, ok.

Reaction Score
So looking at the original exchange with Butler and the response to O’Neil Robinson it seems that Edsall is just saying that the jerseys they had on didn’t have names on them not really reading this as him saying there won’t be names on jerseys going forward.

Full exchange...

Darius Butler@DariusJButler 10h10 hours ago
Replying to @UConnHighlights
The Good Ol Days!

Randy Edsall@RandyEdsall 9h9 hours ago
Replying to @DariusJButler @UConnHighlights
Got that right. We’ll be back to that very soon. No names on the back of the jerseys as well!

omelly @ORobinsonII 1 hour ago (or deleted "huh?')
omelly Retweeted Randy Edsall
woah woah woah

Randy Edsall @RandyEdsall 1 hour ago
Replying to @ORobinsonII
On those jerseys

Reaction Score
Yeah. Hope your right. I kind of read it like that as well.

Reaction Score
If the angle on the recruiting trail is that you can get to the NFL from UConn, then it would stand to reason that the recruit might actually want the scouts to see his friggin' name!

You are kidding right? or do you think NFL scouts are that mentally crippled that they can't figure it out via the number?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just hope they don't start charging for programs.

Reaction Score
Just to be clear -

other teams will use no names on jersey to steal recruits from us. Otherwise, the 4 stars are coming here. Uh, ok.

Better yet, scouts only know players with names on jersey. Uh, ok.
The overreactions to this are ridiculous. If a kid won’t play here because he won’t have his name on the jersey, that’s fine.

Reaction Score
Just another reason why it’s less than ideal to be at the mercy of this arrogant, stubborn angry old man. It’s like he thinks 2006 - 2011 UConn was wooden-era UCLA.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Just another reason why it’s less than ideal to be at the mercy of this arrogant, stubborn angry old man. It’s like he thinks 2006 - 2011 UConn was wooden-era UCLA.
Well it sort of was for UConn football, at least.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You are kidding right? or do you think NFL scouts are that mentally crippled that they can't figure it out via the number?

I'm not kidding you that name recognition matters, especially if you are largely playing in games that nobody is watching. Seeing the name flash on a sportscenter clip matters, whether you believe it does or not.

Furthermore, it ABSOLUTELY matters to new recruits. Why do you think Robinson responded to Edsall's tweet? He just wanted to say "hi" to coach???

It matters...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
The overreactions to this are ridiculous. If a kid won’t play here because he won’t have his name on the jersey, that’s fine.

With all due respect my friend; if we're not willing to do little things like names on jerseys in order to help us get as much talent as possible here, we should just shut it down. I'll pitch in a Benjamin to help out if necessary...

Reaction Score
I'm not kidding you that name recognition matters, especially if you are largely playing in games that nobody is watching. Seeing the name flash on a sportscenter clip matters, whether you believe it does or not.

Furthermore, it ABSOLUTELY matters to new recruits. Why do you think Robinson responded to Edsall's tweet? He just wanted to say "hi" to coach???

It matters...

I'm not sure we should recruit kids who think having their name on the jersey will increase their odds of making it to the NFL. It's a clear sign of a low basketball IQ.

This board clearly has PTSD.

Last edited:

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I'm not sure we should recruit kids who think having their name on the jersey will increase their odds of making it to the NFL. It's a clear sign of a low basketball IQ.

This board clearly has PTSD.

Yeah sure. It's just them that think that way. Them, and every marketing person on the planet. But yeah... low basketball IQ on the board...

Reaction Score
With all due respect my friend; if we're not willing to do little things like names on jerseys in order to help us get as much talent as possible here, we should just shut it down. I'll pitch in a Benjamin to help out if necessary...
For the record, it’s not a move that I would make if I was the coach. I also don’t think that’s what he meant by the tweet. But if it happens, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Just my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom