Edsall rumors - what is the source? | The Boneyard

Edsall rumors - what is the source?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Benedict surprised the world on Monday. no one , not one reporter had any idea. So who would be saying Edsall is a leader? It's not coming from the AD.

How do you let world know you want to be head coach in college again? Who still has media contacts (at least a few of them must like him) and whose agent wants him to be involved in other head coaching openings?

These are all coming from one side and that side is not Uconn. Randy pissed off a lot of powerful people in this state. The sales job would not be to Edsall if he is the one, it would be to politicians and the BoT.

Reaction Score
Benedict surprised the world on Monday. no one , not one reporter had any idea. So who would be saying Edsall is a leader? It's not coming from the AD.

How do you let world know you want to be head coach in college again? Who still has media contacts (at least a few of them must like him) and whose agent wants him to be involved in other head coaching openings?

These are all coming from one side and that side is not Uconn. Randy pissed off a lot of powerful people in this state. The sales job would not be to Edsall if he is the one, it would be to politicians and the BoT.

I dont see it either. Still banking on Moorehead or Helfrich

Reaction Score
What in the freakin world makes you so important you think a 4th Randy thread is needed?

Reaction Score
What in the freakin world makes you so important you think a 4th Randy thread is needed?
I forgot to check with the board police. Sorry but the 8 page thread has a life of its own. And sine someone pronounce him as. The one, I started a new thread. Merge it with whatever other thread you want.

And I'm special. That's why. My mommy told me so.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I think Edsall or friends of his are behind the pr0-Edsall rumors. Wag the Dog.

Reaction Score
I dont see it either. Still banking on Moorehead or Helfrich
Why would either of them jump on a job like UConn, when in a couple of weeks there will be a number of much more appealing openings?

Reaction Score

Gary O'Hagan

Reaction Score
Morehead is not moving to anything but a P5. PSU pays its OC well and he can wait. Pull another year like this one, and he will top of a lot of lists including Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Oh snap! There is another one after this one too.

Your head must be ready to desplode

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Why would either of them jump on a job like UConn, when in a couple of weeks there will be a number of much more appealing openings?
1. There won't be. All the big moves have already been made this offseason

2. We have a bigger AD budget and higher upside than any G5 team. If you kick as Penn St.'s OC, you can go from there to a mid-tier P5 school. If you kick with a G5 team, you can step from there to one of the 10 best jobs in the country (as Herman just did in Texas).

In other words... after another year or two in Happy Valley, Moorhead could be coaching at, say, Illinois. But if he comes here and does what Fleck did at WMU or Herman at Houston, he'll be in play for literally any job that comes open.

Reaction Score
Oh snap! There is another one after this one too.

Your head must be ready to desplode

Actually the other new thread is by someone who has a clue and doesn't quote his mommy.

Reaction Score
Actually the other new thread is by someone who has a clue and doesn't quote his mommy.
Lighten up Francis. If you can, merge this with another thread and I promise to never start a thread that contains the name Edsall ever again. Unless we are talking about the car and not the coach.

Reaction Score
A winning head coach is always more sought after than an OC. I don't see a top level P5 job going to an OC or DC. I could not agree more with the poster above on this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom