Edsall remakes the offensive line | The Boneyard

Edsall remakes the offensive line

Reaction Score
So nobody had this in our off season guesses.

LT - Van Demark, LG- DeGeorge, OC- Hubbard, RG- Holmes, RT- Peart.

These moves make a lot of sense. It puts our most athletic tackle on the left side. And it moves our road graders and best run blockers to the right. If we become a right handed running team, it also set up play action more quickly and naturally for a right handed thrower.

Although there is a two-deep floating around somewhere, I haven't seen it. But Crozier is probably OR at OC. And Leone probably backs up or is OR at RG. That leaves Bonvicini, Campbell, Cespedes, Newman, and Tunstall to round out the two deep.

Reaction Score
I’d really like to see Leone earn a spot, I know he is dinged this spring. Guy can move a pile. Best run blocker on the team.

I think Van Denmark is going to be our best O Lineman and the best O Lineman is usually the LT, so glad he was flipped with Peart. Peart isn’t a traditional RT in the sense he isn’t a monster in the run game. Hoping he takes a step up this year and finds some consistency.

Reaction Score
I’d really like to see Leone earn a spot, I know he is dinged this spring. Guy can move a pile. Best run blocker on the team.

I think Van Denmark is going to be our best O Lineman and the best O Lineman is usually the LT, so glad he was flipped with Peart. Peart isn’t a traditional RT in the sense he isn’t a monster in the run game. Hoping he takes a step up this year and finds some consistency.

Peart has been pretty good in the run game. I have watched him drive DEs into the end zone on goal line offense. Once he starts pushing a guy, he is really effective. And at RT he won't consistently face the best pass rusher on the opponent.

Reaction Score
So nobody had this in our off season guesses.

LT - Van Demark, LG- DeGeorge, OC- Hubbard, RG- Holmes, RT- Peart.

These moves make a lot of sense. It puts our most athletic tackle on the left side. And it moves our road graders and best run blockers to the right. If we become a right handed running team, it also set up play action more quickly and naturally for a right handed thrower.

Although there is a two-deep floating around somewhere, I haven't seen it. But Crozier is probably OR at OC. And Leone probably backs up or is OR at RG. That leaves Bonvicini, Campbell, Cespedes, Newman, and Tunstall to round out the two deep.

So, how do you think the new coaches came to this conclusion without watching any film from last year or seeing them in practice?

Reaction Score
So, how do you think the new coaches came to this conclusion without watching any film from last year or seeing them in practice?
I think Edsall did it. Dunn was not around long enough to do this. Did you read the title of the post?

Edsall did the two deep. Bet the mortgage on it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@Palatine you do realize there are kids like Crozier and Leone that will play next season who are out for the spring healing up from surgery right? 2 deep doesn’t really matter until the last few weeks of pre-season camp.

Reaction Score
@Palatine you do realize there are kids like Crozier and Leone that will play next season who are out for the spring healing up from surgery right? 2 deep doesn’t really matter until the last few weeks of pre-season camp.

Yep, but the entire line has been shook up. There is not a single player on the spring first team that has played were they have positioned this spring. That is noteworthy. It is also a real opportunity. In football the most important ability is availability.

I also think that it is a plus that the RS frosh are getting snaps. It definitely will help them and it heats up the competition. So it matters in that way.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
A big bag of fairy dust

Reaction Score
Wake up.

Your sleazy marketing ploys don’t work here. This board is chock full of idiots but generally everyone here is smarter than the masses you target in your line of work.

Reaction Score
Thursday - Palatine creates thread titled “Ollie cannot be fired”.

Saturday - Ollie is fired.

Palatine defiantly claims “it’s just like I said”.
Read the post, like YAHOO News, I write provocative titles. Read the post.

It is just like I said.

And judging by the reaction to the firing in the press, UConn would have been better off following my advice. There was no reason to rush.

Reaction Score
Read the post, like YAHOO News, I write provocative titles. Read the post.

It is just like I said.

And judging by the reaction to the firing in the press, UConn would have been better off following my advice. There was no reason to rush.

I read it. You said UConn must wait until this investigation plays out before firing him. Did that happen yes or no will do just fine.

Reaction Score
I read it. You said UConn must wait until this investigation plays out before firing him. Did that happen yes or no will do just fine.
I love chatting with you.

The investigation had played out, we (I) just didn't know it. The university fired "for cause." That means the NCAA has evidence (not public). So in the minds of the university, the investigation had indeed "played out" and they knew the result. They could fire for cause an not incur the 10 million dollar penalty.

So based on the information I had at the time of the post, the waiting period was over. Right.

Reaction Score
I love chatting with you.

The investigation had played out, we (I) just didn't know it. The university fired "for cause." That means the NCAA has evidence (not public). So in the minds of the university, the investigation had indeed "played out" and they knew the result. They could fire for cause an not incur the 10 million dollar penalty.

So based on the information I had at the time of the post, the waiting period was over. Right.

Don’t ever change.

Whitmer still > Boyle

Reaction Score
Well they did give Boyle a try. And it was a disaster. But why let facts cloud your reality?
Whitmer was 2-14 as a starter. What would you suggest to Diaco at the time?

Reaction Score
Jimmy:
If anyone votes for anything other than "Need more information" it's based on emotion.

Paliar:
Perhaps for you. Others may be quicker studies. I thought he showed more poise than CW. He showed a better arm. And he also ran better (a surprise).

Agreed it's a small sample size. But it's enough to make a judgement.

All Palatine said was that Boyle deserved a chance. He made no declaration that Boyle was better than Whitmer.

Reaction Score
Jimmy:
If anyone votes for anything other than "Need more information" it's based on emotion.

Paliar:
Perhaps for you. Others may be quicker studies. I thought he showed more poise than CW. He showed a better arm. And he also ran better (a surprise).

Agreed it's a small sample size. But it's enough to make a judgement.

All Palatine said was that Boyle deserved a chance. He made no declaration that Boyle was better than Whitmer.
To be fair, I thought anyone would be a better QB than Whitmer. I also said that Boyle had a stronger arm (which is true.) And I believed playing Boyle and getting him some experience would help the Huskies the following when Whitmer would be out of eligibility. That didn't work out. But Bolye didn't lose any game that Whitmer wouldn't have put in the loss column.

Reaction Score
To be fair, I thought anyone would be a better QB than Whitmer. I also said that Boyle had a stronger arm (which is true.) And I believed playing Boyle and getting him some experience would help the Huskies the following when Whitmer would be out of eligibility. That didn't work out. But Bolye didn't lose any game that Whitmer wouldn't have put in the loss column.

You’re still on this? Can you just save me some time and let me know when you’re done moving the goalposts?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Did two linemen surnamed Boyle and Whitmer transfer into UConn without me knowing? I thought this thread was about linemen

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom