Edsall: Limited Passing b/c Pindell doesn't have big hands | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Edsall: Limited Passing b/c Pindell doesn't have big hands

Reaction Score
Oh sweet Jesus. Edsall citing Pindell's hands as being the reason for today's horrendous play-calling is on Bob Diaco level. Seems like his terrible gameday coaching job has extending into his post-game presser. That's next level stupid.
Edsall is full of excuses and UConn is now unfortunately stuck with another loser. Lucky for us that we didn’t sign another supposed up and comer.

C

Chief00

When you basically don’t throw 98% of the game, you can’t fault a QB for an interception when everyone knows you have to throw and he’s had zero chance to develop a passing rhythm.

Reaction Score
I really hate not throwing until you need to throw. It always results in a shaky QB.

Reaction Score
I agree pindell is not that bad but he can’t throw. Let backups play and switch things up nothing to lose now

We started this season with lots of media discussion about our impressive group of WR's. But fact is, they're are just not getting the ball very much. One thing they are doing however, is an absurd amount of blocking.

There has been a lot of discussion about lack of speed on this team, but how can anyone accurately make this determination, if our WR's aren't frequent targets and they're just not getting the ball?

DP just broke the record for the most rushing yards in UConn history for any QB. He's also put a bunch of points on the board. He is quite impressive and no doubt, he IS an outstanding athlete! But as our starting QB, it would be real nice to see him throw more.

Reaction Score
If Pindell was unable to throw down field today but Temple was, we needed to put someone in who could throw in the rain, at least occasionally. We knew all week there would be rain, and aside from the fact we bailed on our kicker, there needed to be some balance on offense and use of one of our most talented position groups. You could see this loss coming by mid 3rd quarter when Temple decided to throw and we turtled. Having Pindell throw only in the most obvious situation only proved we should have thrown earlier.

These decisions were made before gametime and the stubbornness of RE to not even prepare a plan B lost us this game.

Reaction Score
If Pindell was unable to throw down field today but Temple was, we needed to put someone in who could throw in the rain, at least occasionally. We knew all week there would be rain, and aside from the fact we bailed on our kicker, there needed to be some balance on offense and use of one of our most talented position groups. You could see this loss coming by mid 3rd quarter when Temple decided to throw and we turtled. Having Pindell throw only in the most obvious situation only proved we should have thrown earlier.

Ummm....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When you basically don’t throw 98% of the game, you can’t fault a QB for an interception when everyone knows you have to throw and he’s had zero chance to develop a passing rhythm.

The game was over halfway through the third when it was clear the lead wouldn’t be big enough to overcome the 4th quarter wind advantage UMass had.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This loss is 100% on the coach.

You have to try to throw the ball. Unless you have Donald Brown and 5 seniors in front of him, and even then... you have to try to throw the ball.

I still believe that Edsall is a better coach than Diaco, but this loss is arguably the worst loss in UConn's FBS history. Any second-tier recruit in New England who was contemplating going to UConn over UMass is now having second thoughts. Brutal, brutal loss. And it's completely, unarguably, unavoidably Edsall's fault...

Reaction Score
Washington and Krajewski need to get the majority of snaps the last 4 games. Put Pindell at running back but to sit the other guys and hope to be better next year is crazy. When you are afraid to throw with your starting QB you are playing to lose.

Reaction Score
We started this season with lots of media discussion about our impressive group of WR's. But fact is, they're are just not getting the ball very much. One thing they are doing however, is an absurd amount of blocking.

There has been a lot of discussion about lack of speed on this team, but how can anyone accurately make this determination, if our WR's aren't frequent targets and they're just not getting the ball?

DP just broke the record for the most rushing yards in UConn history for any QB. He's also put a bunch of points on the board. He is quite impressive and no doubt, he IS an outstanding athlete! But as our starting QB, it would be real nice to see him throw more.
I don’t mind if he runs he does need to through more. Just because your a qb and u break rushing records doesn’t necessarily mean your a good qb

Reaction Score
We had the lead. We didn’t need to throw bombs, just enough to keep the d honest.
That was painful to watch (again)

Reaction Score
Here is the actual full quote:

>>On the conditions of the game

"It's hard to throw (in the rain). David doesn't have big hands and he doesn't grip the ball with the laces. So that was one of the things he was having trouble with, gripping the ball. You do what you have to do. No excuses, we just didn't take advantage of opportunities in order to win the ball game."<<

How do you fire off 3 excuses and then chase them with a "no excuses." Wow.

Reaction Score
Pindell is NOT skilled enough nor talented enough to play QB for an FBS program, plainly and simply. Edsall stating that his hands are small is a nice way of saying the kid sucks.

This program will continue to suffer unless and until recruiting picks up.....and not with fringe 2 stars kids, either. LEGIT kids. If you cannot figure or compromise your way to this then kill the program because otherwise you’ll see more and more of the insulting, degrading, demoralizing trash results like we witnessed today.

That’s it. IDGAF who the coach is - could be Lombardi himself - nor what school they’re coaching at. Results will always be talent constrained.

What they need to do is start heavily recruiting Waterbury for a skilled mob bagman.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think Pindell is talented enough but the coaching staff is: Edsall likes to play everything close to the vest. Sorry but that doesn't work in nowadays college football.

He need to get with it or step down.

Reaction Score
What an utter horse**** excuse. Give him a glove or tell him to use the laces or he's coming out. Disgusting

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Even if the program has tanked, Edsall still has his 07-10 excuse fastball hitting 98 on the black.

Reaction Score
Edsall is full of excuses and UConn is now unfortunately stuck with another loser. Lucky for us that we didn’t sign another supposed up and comer.

We are just too talented with getting the down and outers.

Reaction Score
That explanation/excuse belongs in the HOF of excuses.

The kids hands aren’t big enough to toss a damp ball, come on man. First nobody believes that BS and if they did why didn’t Mr.REstored do one of the following:

1) look at a weather forecast this week and say “Christ we might want to let the big handed guys take the reps this week and get the bulk of the time behind center in the game.

2) Look at DP and say “hmmm I think we play outside in a lot of piss poor weather foes this guy have the physical attributes needs to sling in the wet and cold.”

RE was a bad hire and that’s not based on this game - sadly he was likely the only hire available for what the university could pay after two poor hires. Actually Diaco based on credentials was a very good hire, nobody could have predicted that he’d go crazier than a house rat.

Worst thing about Edsall is he never takes responsibility when things go sideways. Own that rubbish man own it.

Maybe I’ve missed all the times he’s said - that is on me and my staff for not getting the job done and we’re not putting the team in a position to compete and win, the kids and our fans deserve better.

I don’t watch all the post gamers so when I say I could be wrong I mean it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom