Edsall: "It's Connecticut All Over Again" | The Boneyard

Edsall: "It's Connecticut All Over Again"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Haha, Edsall is really out of his element. I am starting to feel bad for him. I was (and am) a big Edsall supporter, but his departure was the best thing for UConn's future.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Did that stooge just use the term "efforting" ? Didn't Dan Patrick coin that phrase, like, a decade ago ? Yikes

He must also be "efforting" to learn the English language.

Reaction Score
Can't say I feel sorry for him. He had it made in CT yet he went for his "dream job" LOL. He has been exposed as an average coach. I wish we had Danny O'brien right now. Maybe the kid will transfer here since we certainly could use him.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
One of the links in this article is to The Boneyard. The "public relations disaster" quote was made by Palantine on Oct. 18th. ;)

Reaction Score
Edsall just needs some time to fill that roster full of blue collar 2 star recruits and gritty defense oriented football to really build the excitement in College Park.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Apparently the student section was chanting "Fire Edsall" at Saturday's game and the Washington Post's sports blog is featuring a picture of some 10-year-old holding a sign heckling Edsall. Things are going downhill in a hurry.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-randy-edsall/2011/11/07/gIQArVkqvM_blog.html
terpsedsallsign1111[1].jpg

Reaction Score
Haha, the blogger links to a boneyard thread at the end.

Linking the boneyard to a story loses points with me right out of the gate though I get it's a blog/opinion piece.

That said I think Randy was a culture shock to the team and the fans unreasonable expectations. (Sound familiar)

I think the same can be said for PP's approach. Both coaches didn't get stupid. Both were successful before and probably will be again.

Look for moderate transfers at both schools after the season.

I also think we lose many holdover coaches and see a few players follow them.

Reaction Score
"This is just the latest in a series of Edsall media blunders. Any one of those on their own might be considered merely skeptical, but throw them all together and it's a rather damning portrayal of Edsall's incompetence at handling media pressures."

Didn't Bush post this in 2002?

Reaction Score
I have been hesitant to post anything anti-Edsall because... well, because I don't have to. Boxscores suffice. But I got a chuckle out of this. How does Danny O'Brien fell about this one?

IMHO, if things don't drastically improve, Danny O'Brien will have a longer career as a Terp than RE.

Reaction Score
I've been thanking UMD grads/fans before the season started for taking him.

Reaction Score
is anyone else concerned that a blogger quoted Palatine to represent "Connecticuters"?

Reaction Score
Not at all. Palatine is one of our most knowlegable posters, and he is definately our most succinct and opinionated one. He also happens to be right more often than not. And yes, we are lovers.

Reaction Score
Edsall just needs some time to fill that roster full of blue collar 2 star recruits and gritty defense oriented football to really build the excitement in College Park.

One of the funniest posts in a while. So very true, so very sad. UConn's loss is Maryland's loss.

Reaction Score
I do remember all of those big conference games against both Dayton and Duquense

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FUCRE is killing himself today. If only that Penn State scandal broke last year at this time, he's thinking. They would want to clean house and bring in a disciplinarian. I could have had my double secret dream job. Now I'm stuck in this shithole and nobody likes me.

Reaction Score
Not surprised but disappointed that fhcRE did not take this 2nd chance (really only his 2nd opportunity to run a program) at leadership to review his style/methods and make some choices to change. This should not be him against fans/press/prior coaching methods and players. Uconn was lucky he wanted out.

Reaction Score
Not surprised but disappointed that fhcRE did not take this 2nd chance (really only his 2nd opportunity to run a program) at leadership to review his style/methods and make some choices to change. This should not be him against fans/press/prior coaching methods and players. Uconn was lucky he wanted out.

you do not need to qualify "only his 2nd opportunity to run a program" with "really". He was the worst DC in the ACC for one year, and a career position coach before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom