Edsall: "I’m pleased with the progress that we’re making". | The Boneyard

Edsall: "I’m pleased with the progress that we’re making".

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Odd quote in there....RE made UConn into a "powerhouse"? That might be a bit of a stretch.

Should be interesting to see how RE does..and how patient the MD fans are. I wonder what is their idea of a successful season? Does he have to win 8? Looking at their schedule, I see 5 maybe 6 wins...is that good enough to keep his job? My guess that the conference switch buys him another year unless the team totally crashes and burns.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Convenient powerhouse, for media use only.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If UCONN was a powerhouse, I expect the B1G and SEC to be fighting over us.

Reaction Score
Odd quote in there....RE made UConn into a "powerhouse"? That might be a bit of a stretch.

Should be interesting to see how RE does..and how patient the MD fans are. I wonder what is their idea of a successful season? Does he have to win 8? Looking at their schedule, I see 5 maybe 6 wins...is that good enough to keep his job? My guess that the conference switch buys him another year unless the team totally crashes and burns.

This is just like the Media leaving details out that change the meaning of what was said to fit their narrative. UConn was a powerhouse in the Big east..Fiesta Bowl anyone? Geez

saw Edsall turn tiny UConn into a powerhouse in the Big East,

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Whatever. In my hearts of hearts I am so over Edsall that I surprise myself.

Reaction Score
Powerhouse in the BE? UMMM....not close........UWV whipped us pretty bad in one of those co-champ seasons (with UWV)

Powerhouse in the AAC? UMMM....not close, see UCF, Cinncinnatti. But we'd better be more than "competitive".

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
With all the Diaco excitement and bright future I almost forgot he coached here.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
If there was a single benefit of the disaster that was the PP / GDL regime it was that we had a lot less Edsall threads after it was over.

Can't wait for BYU.

Reaction Score
Good job Randy. You took a 9-3 team successfully to not so busy bowl season and then clawed your way back to a bowl appearance where you lost to Marshall.

Who wouldn't buy into that?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Good job Randy. You took a 9-3 team successfully to not so busy bowl season and then clawed your way back to a bowl appearance where you lost to Marshall.

Who wouldn't buy into that?

Let it go. I just don't get the bitterness 3 years later.

Reaction Score
What next? Someone's gonna criticize him because he didn't tell a bunch of grown men (not Pop Warner kids) that he had to quickly and clandestinely (probably at Maryland's insistence) fly to College Park the morning after the Fiesta Bowl to be introduced as the Terp's new head coach. Oh and one other thing . . . Randy will be coaching in the BiG and isn't that the conference UConn wishes it would get an invite to?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

$20 million and a program in the black. If Maryland cared about performance, They wouldn't have fired the reigning ACC Coach of the Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom