Edsall has been criminally negligent by not playing K. | The Boneyard

Edsall has been criminally negligent by not playing K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, maybe not criminally. But he couldn't find a single snap for him in blow loss after blow out loss. He hardly gave W any snaps when he could have. Now, he can't play Washington and I don't expect to see K this year.

And, you can bet the mortgage that Edsall will use the QB inexperience excuse early and often next year while completely ignoring the fact he could have gotten both W and K meaningful minutes this year.

Reaction Score
Husky motorboats.gif

Reaction Score
Blow out loss? Uconn was in the game until the very end on Saturday. I would not have been happy as a fan if Pindell was pulled. My guess the Temple game will not be close and we will see Kajewski sometime in the second half.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Wow, Pal wants the backup QB to play? Shocker.

Actually....he has shown remarkable restraint this year. Only two games left before he started on the backup QB needs to play concept.

But....I do agree that I am disappointed that they haven't found him snaps. My fear is that's because he is not even ready for a few snaps.

Let's hope we see him in the next two.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
He was the #2 QB in practice at one point in the fall. I do agree it seems odd you can’t get a guy like that experience, especially since the general feeling I’ve heard from people around the team is that K will be the starter

Reaction Score
Blow out loss? Uconn was in the game until the very end on Saturday. I would not have been happy as a fan if Pindell was pulled. My guess the Temple game will not be close and we will see Kajewski sometime in the second half.
That was one game, blow out after blow out defines out season. Good grief.

Reaction Score
The rule change to allow playing in 4 games without losing your red shirt year seems especially ideal for a situation where you have a senior QB and a freshman QB (who very likely should be competing for the starting job next year). HCRE2.0 has stated he is building for the future and going to do it right, through summer ball and ten games what were his plans for getting K better as a player and game experience and what are they now.

HCRE2.0 handles questions that request information as to his plans and rationale as challenging his performance, essentially fighting words. Don't expect an informative answer if one of the horde deems it appropriate to raise the question.

Reaction Score
Maybe he's trying to teach the team a bigger lesson about 60 minutes, play every play like it's your last play etc

You start putting in third string QBs and people scratch their heads about the stuff above. Of course Message Board posters know better than seasoned coaches. Just play the third string and pooof, everything else will fall into place

Reaction Score
Actually....he has shown remarkable restraint this year. Only two games left before he started on the backup QB needs to play concept.

But....I do agree that I am disappointed that they haven't found him snaps. My fear is that's because he is not even ready for a few snaps.

Let's hope we see him in the next two.

Certainly he should be ready to at least play some turtleball by now. Even that would be better than giving him no snaps at all.

Reaction Score
They’ve addressed the plan for Krajewski @ least twice in recent weeks...

Here is the latest from pre-game on Saturday (from the “QB Next Year” thread):
He’s the quick convo before Saturday’s game by Bob Joyce w/ OC John Dunn about Steve Krajewski and what they see. (Steven Krajewski discussion begins @ 3:09ish). (@UConnDan97)

Mirrors what Edsall said a few weeks ago.

Listen to the Husky Bytes Episode - John Dunn - Pregame SMU on iHeartRadio

I get the sentiment from an anxious fan base about seeing what the future may look like but if the staff doesn’t think he’s ready and it may actually impede his progress - I can wait. I watched a few his games streaming last year and he’s got all the tools physically. I think he can be the arm/leader of the future.

Buy it, don’t buy it - but it’s been asked and answered.

Reaction Score
I can't help but think the difficult weather played a factor in keeping K on the sidelines. It's hard enough for a true freshman to succeed without battling the elements.

Reaction Score
I can't help but think the difficult weather played a factor in keeping K on the sidelines. It's hard enough for a true freshman to succeed without battling the elements.
Agreed. There was no point playing Krajewski in the Tulsa game. It was pouring harder in the fourth quarter than any part of the game. Why would you bring bring in someone who was never played a minute in that situation.

Reaction Score
I have it on good account that Krajewski is the best QB to ever enter the college game. Peyton Manning is jealous of this kids ability and Tom Brady is jealous of his girl friend (Tom is thinking of leaving Gisele).

UCONN fans will suffer no longer. Our offense will soon be the envy of all of college football. When not under center Krajewski will solidify our defense and handle our kicking and punting as well. The SEC and Big will be bidding for us to join there conferences.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Pindell deserves the snaps. But why can't they script a series of plays for the guy and he plays the 1st series of the 2nd quarter? Or something pre-planned like that? Be a shame to not take advantage of the new rule.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Maybe he's trying to teach the team a bigger lesson about 60 minutes, play every play like it's your last play etc

Ah, yes, the winning doesn't matter guy wants a full 60

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
They’ve addressed the plan for Krajewski @ least twice in recent weeks...

Here is the latest from pre-game on Saturday (from the “QB Next Year” thread):

Buy it, don’t buy it - but it’s been asked and answered.

It's amazing that they are forcing us to repeat the same post every single day.

Folks; Dunn has already taken care of the "why". Please stop now, and allow Pindell to set an NCAA record for all time...

Reaction Score
Well, maybe not criminally.

Got fake news??? Exaggerate a thread title and then take it back in the first sentence. Head bang
Someone really needs attention. That or still has not figured out how Randy operates. No rocket science or criminalty involved at all.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It's amazing that they are forcing us to repeat the same post every single day.

Folks; Dunn has already taken care of the "why". Please stop now, and allow Pindell to set an NCAA record for all time...

I guess I missed the quote...is it only in the audio link? If so, that's probably why I missed it. I generally won't stop and listen to most interviews.

I know that we should always just trust whatever the coach says....and they know better than us...blah blah blah,..but this is a message board for discussion not just quoting coaches....no matter what they say, if a QB is decent at all...and maybe be expected to play next year, it is hard to imagine a couple series against ECU is a bad thing.

Reaction Score
[/QUOTE

Thank you for that - it was one of those milk comes up through my nose moments. And, the second best thing I've seen on the internet today...this was first.

If you want a fun read - look up the comments on the Bryant Sheriff's, sorry "Escambia County Sheriff's Office" facebook site. It's necking hilarious.

1542295246853.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek