EDD profiled in this week's Sports Illustrated. | The Boneyard

EDD profiled in this week's Sports Illustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It really is touching when they speak of Elena's relationship with her sister Lizzie, who is described as functioning at the level of an infant and who was the primary reason EDD went back home. Born deaf, blind with Cerebral Palsy, EDD said about Lizzie "Remember, if I don't have physical contact with her, I don't have any contact with her" and indicated Lizzie can distinguish her hugs and kisses. Her decision to leave UConn made much more sense after reading the article. Every now and then they show highlights of the Delaware games on the Delaware website. For as great a shooter as EDD is, and she is awesome, she may be an even better person. You go girl!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I've been following EDD since she showed up on the radar screen; too bad it didn't work out with us, but what a great kid!

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
What an extraordinary young woman. She is clearly an outlier in character, attitude and behavior…a signature role model for selflessness in athletic pursuit.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
What an extraordinary young woman. She is clearly an outlier in character, attitude and behavior…a signature role model for selflessness in athletic pursuit.

Amen.

Elena has earned my respect every day since she first appeared on UConn's recruiting radar.

The Delaware vs. Drexel game is on Comcast Sports (Mid Atlantic) today at 3:30. It's Channel 642 on Direct TV.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Wonderful article. Thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads