EDD: Pinch Me | Page 2 | The Boneyard

EDD: Pinch Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I kept expecting to see a true alley-oop play for Brittney, where she catches a pass over the rim and dunks it in the same motion. That wouldn't be just showmanship -- it's an impossible play to defend (and obviously a difficult play to execute, since the pass has to be timed exactly to allow a catch at the peak of her jump.

I wondered why I never saw it (at least on highlight film) in her play at Phoenix, and I wondered again why it never happened in Rio. I still wonder.

Because women's coaches don't know how to coach for it and female players cannot make that pass because they never practice it. What women's coach has ever drawn up a play for a female to dunk?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Because women's coaches don't know how to coach for it and female players cannot make that pass because they never practice it. What women's coach has ever drawn up a play for a female to dunk?

ND has been running lob plays since Jewell Loyd and run a lot of lobs for Turner. The only thing preventing either of them from dunking those lobs is a couple inches more height/vertical that Griner probably has.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
There were I think three plays during the Olympics that I almost expected a dunk on - one or two with Griner and one or two with Stewart - they were open, clear under the basket and could have, but neither did.
And the players do practice it, though not the coaches - there was video pre practice of Tamika videoing EDD setting up Breanna for dunks.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Well, I am not in Waco but I have seen them. It is no secret, at least to me, that BG has a special bond with Geno and loves him as a person and a coach. I am thrilled that she was able to play and learn from Geno and I only wish she could have more time with him.

We wish she had had more time with him. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
For Nike it's a marketing coup. With EDD you know it is genuine; a committed human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom