EDD drops 41 on Hofstra | The Boneyard

EDD drops 41 on Hofstra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Should have been droppin' 41 on Notre Dame three times a year.

Reaction Score
Every time I hear about EDD scoring alot of points for a team that probably won't get by the first or second round of the NCAA Tournament, I think of what could have been. There is very little doubt that EDD is one of the best players in the country. Instead of playing teams like Hofstra she could have been playing teams like ND, Baylor, Stanford, Rutgers, Duke, Oklahoma, etc.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Not bad for someone who lost their love for basketball and wanted to only play volleyball in college. Don't get me started on her.
Let's not be too hard on a kid who made a decision when she was 17 that she probably didn't know she wasn't ready to make. She was unhappy being away from home, and mistook it for being unhappy with basketball.

Plus, UConn has done pretty well without her, IMO. It would be of course nice to have a 6"5 superstar, but we still go to the Final Four every year and even win it once in a while.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Every time I hear about EDD scoring alot of points for a team that probably won't get by the first or second round of the NCAA Tournament, I think of what could have been. There is very little doubt that EDD is one of the best players in the country. Instead of playing teams like Hofstra she could have been playing teams like ND, Baylor, Stanford, Rutgers, Duke, Oklahoma, etc.
Don't sell them short. It depends on seeding, but I think they win 2-3 games in the NCAAs. If they get seeded 8 in our region, we take them out in round 2. But they could get a 4 seed.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
With a three seed, Delaware could make an elite 8 run. The two seeds this year are all the sort of teams that could crush Delaware one night and come out flat and lose to almost anyone the next, especially on a neutral floor. With a four seed, they may make the Sweet 16, but that's it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
With a three seed, Delaware could make an elite 8 run. The two seeds this year are all the sort of teams that could crush Delaware one night and come out flat and lose to almost anyone the next, especially on a neutral floor. With a four seed, they may make the Sweet 16, but that's it.
Pretty much what I'm thinking.

Reaction Score

Even with a #3 seed(which I highly doubt) they are not going to beat the #2 seed which will be in all likelyhood a top 10 team. On the otherhand if the #2 seed were to get upset then they have a chance to make it to the elite eight, but I think in all probability thats not going to happen.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Not a great crop of #2s right now. You're looking at Duke being solid as a two, then a bunch of erratic teams: Tennessee, Miami, Ohio State, Maryland, Rutgers, and a couple of others that have a shot at a two. I could see any of them playing poorly on any given night.

My preferred fate for Delaware is as a four in Fresno, setting up an entertaining Nneka-EDD matchup in the S16. Stanford will win, mind you, but it'd be entertaining.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
My preferred fate for Delaware is anywhere in UConn's bracket. Against the UConn defense EDD scores seven points and goes home with a crushing loss by at least 40 points.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping for a UCONN/Delaware meeting in the tourney! Let's see her score 41 against our defense

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You guys are underestimating EDD and UDel. Kelly has not defended anyone like EDD. With help, she'll do a good job, but EDD scores 22 hard-earned points and we win by about 80-50.

Reaction Score

And been miserable every second while she was doing it.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I am unable to comprehend the amount of negative energy that she still sets off in some UConn fans (hopefully a minority) nearly five years after the events that are at issue. She obviously didn't hurt UConn at all -- 90 consecutive wins and 2 NC's immediately after the incident with her. And she made a decision that she had a right to make, for reasons that (in my opinion) should be very understandable.

I hope she succeeds and excels in her remaining college career, and goes on to an outstanding WNBA career if that is in her life plans. Maybe she will play for the Connecticut Sun someday.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I am unable to comprehend the amount of negative energy that she still sets off in some UConn fans (hopefully a minority) nearly five years after the events that are at issue. She obviously didn't hurt UConn at all -- 90 consecutive wins and 2 NC's immediately after the incident with her. And she made a decision that she had a right to make, for reasons that (in my opinion) should be very understandable.

I hope she succeeds and excels in her remaining college career, and goes on to an outstanding WNBA career if that is in her life plans. Maybe she will play for the Connecticut Sun someday.

Agreed...the critics haven't walked in her moccasins...and maybe don't have the ability to walk in anyone's.

sTu

Reaction Score
Apparently, when you put EDD on a team of exceptional players (Diggins, Williams etc.) it is EDD that stands out and excels. Having seen her play in person, she has a unique skill set and is talented.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
And been miserable every second while she was doing it.

This is not about caring about a person and how they feel. Feelings are for whimps. Feelings are about failure. UConn has a history of not caring about how the person feels --- they just care about what the player can do on the court. It's why the team is so successful. UConn expects a player to recognize that they are blessed to put on a UConn uniform and perform for the fans. Along with that expectations it that their own needs and the needs of their family should be tossed aside. If a player can't do that, it's obvious that they are both morally, ethically and personally flawed and and have no redeeming value.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I also wouldn't underestimate the mayhem she might produce in an elite-8 game against anyone, with say a 50-point game, 12 rebounds, blocks, assists etc. This kid is the real thing and if you think playing her is a piece of cake, be careful what you wish for.

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
I really pity all of you who are just UConn fans. I am a Women's Basketball fan and get to enjoy not only UConn but all the other talent out there. To all of you who can't GET OVER IT , Are you proud of the way you are representing UConn fans?

IF this following statement is true then I would not be a UCONN FAN.

This is not about caring about a person and how they feel. Feelings are for whimps. Feelings are about failure. UConn has a history of not caring about how the person feels --- they just care about what the player can do on the court. It's why the team is so successful. UConn expects a player to recognize that they are blessed to put on a UConn uniform and perform for the fans. Along with that expectations it that their own needs and the needs of their family should be tossed aside. If a player can't do that, it's obvious that they are both morally, ethically and personally flawed and and have no redeeming value.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score

I hope that you are being sarcastic or having a VERY bad day. Because if you think that, what are you doing on this board??? If UConn basketball was so cold and heartless, why do the players come back to visit, train and rehab? Why do they come back for dinner at Geno's house and to see CD?

Hope you feel better soon. You seem to have a migraine.

sTu

Reaction Score
I read it as sarcasm, but it certainly is doing a good job of bringing out people's "stuff."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom