EDD adds 12 pounds of muscle in the offseason | The Boneyard

EDD adds 12 pounds of muscle in the offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
http://m.espn.go.com/wnba/story?storyId=10925948&src=desktop

Good for Elena! She's working hard, trying to become a more complete and more effective player. When I saw her play in person, I thought she needed to get stronger. Teams like JMU and Drexel got physical with her. At the WNBA level, it was only going to get worse. With her height and foul shooting ability, finishing with contact is huge.

Pencil her in for the FIBA championships.

I'd like to see Candace Parker get stronger too.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Good to see her working on areas of improvement. It is hard to imagine her being a much better player, so that leaves her body for her to work on. She recognized an area that she can work on and immediately went to work on it. This woman is a real joy to watch play the game and I am excited about seeing her continue to develop.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
http://m.espn.go.com/wnba/story?storyId=10925948&src=desktop

Good for Elena! She's working hard, trying to become a more complete and more effective player. When I saw her play in person, I thought she needed to get stronger. Teams like JMU and Drexel got physical with her. At the WNBA level, it was only going to get worse. With her height and foul shooting ability, finishing with contact is huge.

Pencil her in for the FIBA championships.

I'd like to see Candace Parker get stronger too.

I agree that Parker could be a little stronger if she wanted to play in the paint more, but I am not sure that she wants to stay in there and get banged around too much.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree that Parker could be a little stronger if she wanted to play in the paint more, but I am not sure that she wants to stay in there and get banged around too much.
That's my "problem" with Candace. She's a finesse player at 6'5". She's obviously a great player. But if she were a finesse player AND a power player, she's be even better. Her coaches have allowed her to do what she wanted to do, so she does not take full advantage of her height.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
EDD also worked on ball-handling. They want to play her at the 3 as much as possible. I think this is more for stamina/finishing strong. She might have to play more 4 early in the year. The Sky may need her height in the post with Fowles out injured.

Reaction Score
Parker is all about Parker! She dunks the ball and looks for the TV camera so she can be noticed! Dunking a BB is the most selfish act in the game! You won't ever see a UCONN player dunk, even though Tina Charles, Maya Moore, and Stewie surely can but UCONN is all about the team not the individual!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Parker is all about Parker! She dunks the ball and looks for the TV camera so she can be noticed! Dunking a BB is the most selfish act in the game! You won't ever see a UCONN player dunk, even though Tina Charles, Maya Moore, and Stewie surely can but UCONN is all about the team not the individual!
oh brother...

good for EDD

Reaction Score
Doesn't necessarily mean it will improve her game. I knew weightlifters who couldn't throw a baseball 20 yards.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Doesn't necessarily mean it will improve her game. I knew weightlifters who couldn't throw a baseball 20 yards.
Yup, it must always be strength within function.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't think Elena's shooting will go to hell. :) She would get pushed off the block at times or not be able to finish through contact. This was the area where she needed improvement.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm sure Candace dunking sells tickets.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Are we sure that we won't see an Alley-oop or two, this season or next?
Ms.Mo is surely pushing Ms Stewie in that direction.
I'm not a big fan of dunking, but within a play, once or twice, it might be fun.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We'll probably see an Alley-Oop. Moriah to Stewie. Then possibly Stewie to Moriah. :)

Look for Gabby Williams to be on the receiving end too. She's a 6'2" high jumper.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

LMAO. Oh that we could still shoot at peach baskets. Damn these filthy metal rims and nets the kids seem to like.

Reaction Score
LMAO. Oh that we could still shoot at peach baskets. Damn these filthy metal rims and nets the kids seem to like.

Lol....got me thinking and we actually did use peach baskets from the local grocery. Not many metal rims available. And if we couldn't find a peach basket we used one of those square wooden boxes (basketball just fit). And if we couldn't find a box we made up a street version of the game with an empty metal garbage can. Then I walked home a mile.....in the snow.....bare foot.....

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I was impressed how EDD would take it towards the basket and then pull up for a bank shot for a basket. She did that a couple of times in the last Sky game. I also noticed her teammates ignored her for stretches of the game. Hopefully Stewie is watching EDD's play during the off season as she could learn a lot from her.

Whos' the better 3 point shooter EDD or Stewie?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

When was the last time Parker dunked? You make it sound like a regular occurrence.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Lol....got me thinking and we actually did use peach baskets from the local grocery. Not many metal rims available. And if we couldn't find a peach basket we used one of those square wooden boxes (basketball just fit). And if we couldn't find a box we made up a street version of the game with an empty metal garbage can. Then I walked home a mile.....in the snow.....bare foot.....
Uphill.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Evolution. It's worth checking out...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I was impressed how EDD would take it towards the basket and then pull up for a bank shot for a basket. She did that a couple of times in the last Sky game. I also noticed her teammates ignored her for stretches of the game. Hopefully Stewie is watching EDD's play during the off season as she could learn a lot from her.

Whos' the better 3 point shooter EDD or Stewie?

EDD by a long ways. Stewart would be even scarier if she could shoot 40+% from 3. 34% last year. Compare to Delle Donne 44% last year.

I would think EDD is the template for all the tall girls who want to play on the perimeter. Stewart can do some things that EDD can't but EDD is unique in the way she plays the outside at her height. She is very crafty at creating shots and baiting defenders into fouls. Tremendous body control.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
EDD is one of the great shooters. Men or women. This year or any year.

That said, Stewie's jump hook and length on the defensive end are things that Elena doesn't have.

I think that Stewie can improve her shooting. Maya has done that and actually outshot Elena from the arc last year. Maya is approaching 90% on FTs, an EDD threshold.

All of these players are great and fun to watch.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
EDD by a long ways. Stewart would be even scarier if she could shoot 40+% from 3. 34% last year. Compare to Delle Donne 44% last year.

I would think EDD is the template for all the tall girls who want to play on the perimeter. Stewart can do some things that EDD can't but EDD is unique in the way she plays the outside at her height. She is very crafty at creating shots and baiting defenders into fouls. Tremendous body control.

EDD is great at drawing fouls. And it's hard to compare one player that is playing against the best in the world and another that is still in college. However, right now, EDD is the better player, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom