Ed Daigneault‏ Says No Recent Talks Between UConn and ACC | The Boneyard

Ed Daigneault‏ Says No Recent Talks Between UConn and ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault
Re: MD, Rutgers to Big Ten, I am told there have been no substantive talks between UConn and the ACC recently. In other words, sit tight.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault
Re: MD, Rutgers to Big Ten, I am told there have been no substantive talks between UConn and the ACC recently. In other words, sit tight.

Who does Daigneault write for or work for? (I'm really asking because I don't know)

Reaction Score
Swofford publicly stated tonight he wouldn't be surprised by the MD move, very likely could mean preliminary discussions were previously held.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
well this is terrible news if true. Notre Dame's AD says this was expected, yet UConn was not in discussions with the ACC. That would imply the ACC is looking another direction or prepared to sit tight if Maryland leaves. Hopefully Daigneault is wrong.

Reaction Score
There is a difference between "substantive talks" and no talks. Hopefully it means there have been informal talks. Susan Herbst's email/texting better be blowing up tonight trying to position Uconn for an ACC move. Play every chip you have NOW Susan.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
There is a difference between "substantive talks" and no talks. Hopefully it means there have been informal talks. Susan Herbst's email/texting better be blowing up tonight trying to position Uconn for an ACC move. Play every chip you have NOW Susan.

Not only do I think she has already played many chips in that direction, Malloy has also called "all in" for the ACC as well. It's no secret in the media that UConn will jump to the ACC if asked, mainly because of quotes from Susan and Dannell...

Reaction Score
"I am told....." By who...Mhver? No offense to Ed but I'm shocked his source didn't know UConn was in substantitive talks.

Maybe his source doesn't realize the only words that need to be spoken are".......sign here please“

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If there aren't "substantive talks" if/when maryland leaves, it won't be because UConn / Herbst / Malloy didn't #BegHardEnough, it'll be because the ACC has other ideas.

Reaction Score
well this is terrible news if true. Notre Dame's AD says this was expected, yet UConn was not in discussions with the ACC. That would imply the ACC is looking another direction or prepared to sit tight if Maryland leaves. Hopefully Daigneault is wrong.

What do you expect them to say? "We were blindsided" On the other hand it sounds like ND's already become the ultimate insider of the ACC. That sure didn't take long!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What do you expect them to say? "We were blindsided" On the other hand it sounds like ND's already become the ultimate insider of the ACC. That sure didn't take long!

I wanted to hear "no comment" from Herbst. That would have been music to my ears.

Reaction Score
If there were talks do you think they would tell this guy? Please....this means nothing.

If the ACC (ESPN) picks Louisville over UCONN then its going to be pitchforks and torches in Bristol. Burn the place down.

Reaction Score
If the ACC (ESPN) picks Louisville over UCONN then its going to be pitchforks and torches in Bristol. Burn the place down.

Now we are talking. I've been wondering when someone was finally going to suggest the inevitable course of action.

Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault's people in Waterbury, Naugatuck and Torrington have been giving him lot's of realignment info, he's extremely connected in the NVL.

Reaction Score
Now we are talking. I've been wondering when someone was finally going to suggest the inevitable course of action.

I don't know what the ACC will ultimately decide. But if listening to ESPN and BC and inviting ND has brought them to the point of instability that keeps them up on the weekends (not to watch the games), it's quite possible they may go in a different direction this time instead of the "chip on the shoulder" route.

Reaction Score

I may get this started early I have nothing to do at nights now that I am not going to be sleeping until this is resolved

Reaction Score
Whoever Owlscoop.com is, claims his source in Storrs said Uconn is the Md replacement. I choose to believe him. He doesn't say that his source is HuskyfanDan.
OwlScoop.com ‏@OwlScoop_com
The other domino to fall would be UConn replacing Maryland in the ACC. A source up in Storrs tells me that's all but a done deal.

They represent Temple's rivals.com board.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I know beggars can't be choosers, but I really wish UConn was heading to the B1G. I have ill feelings towards the ACC from the past few years.
I get it, but this would have all happened regardless.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score

Just cause Eddie's sources tell him "no contact" doesn't make it so....I'd actually be more troubled if some associate ad ran his mouth to Eddie.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Whoever Owlscoop.com is, claims his source in Storrs said Uconn is the Md replacement. I choose to believe him. He doesn't say that his source is HuskyfanDan.

Good, cause I think hfd passed out an hour ago.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom