Ed Cooley post Seton Hall game exchange with Seton fan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ed Cooley post Seton Hall game exchange with Seton fan

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It's straight-up embarrassing for PC.

The narrative is, basically, "wow, look at what he was able to accomplish at lowly Providence, imagine what he could do at a program that actually has a chance?"

Basically every coach that Providence has had in the modern era had them on the bubble most of the time. Kind of like Cooley.

Providence basketball is a bubble team program. Cooley didn't do anything special.

Reaction Score
Sounds like something I’d say TBH. About the wins that is…

I was standing and clapping until we scored to start the second half of the @ Nova game a few weeks ago and a fan behind me told me to “sit down, this isn’t Storrs”. My maturity level drops a few notches while rabidly rooting on the boys after a few cocktails.
me too. My behavior at the Indiana game left a lot to be desired.

Reaction Score
Basically every coach that Providence has had in the modern era had them on the bubble most of the time. Kind of like Cooley.

Providence basketball is a bubble team program. Cooley didn't do anything special.
12 years, 3 tournament wins.

I have no idea why the media is so bent on claiming he is one of the best around. They speak about him in a way that just doesn't match his accomplishments.
I have a feeling that GTown is going to be disappointed in the coming years.

If i was a PC fan (yuck), i wouldn't be upset with him for leaving, i'd be thrilled that we have a new coach and a new direction, rather than mediocrity year after year.

Reaction Score
That is not a good look. Responding to hecklers never is. He should know better.

Reaction Score
I am coming around to the idea that Ed Cooley may be one of the most overrated coaches of this era. Announcers can’t say his name without singing his praises, but what has he actually accomplished? A few NCAA appearances where PC gets knocked out in the first round?
Maybe you’re right but on the other hand he brought Providence to the NCAA tournament. Providence.

Reaction Score
I don't like Cooley much, but I do like how much he managed to piss off the PC fan base.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't like Cooley much, but I do like how much he managed to piss off the PC fan base.
And also how much real estate they now occupy in his head. It is totally one of these situations....
Pop Corn GIF by WWE

Reaction Score
Back and forth trash talk I love it it’s better then wanting to kick a fan out of the game.

CL82

Reaction Score
Sounds like something I’d say TBH. About the wins that is…

I was standing and clapping until we scored to start the second half of the @ Nova game a few weeks ago and a fan behind me told me to “sit down, this isn’t Storrs”. My maturity level drops a few notches while rabidly rooting on the boys after a few cocktails.
I've had a few awkward moments doing the same thing. I just turned around and smile, shrug and say "Can't do it, sorry."

CL82

Reaction Score
Good for Cooley! Screw the fan! Worry about your own team!
Lol, nope, kudos to the fan for getting in inside Cooley's head so effectively as to cause him to make an enforced error.

Reaction Score
Let's face it.

Ed Cooley isn't a title caliber NCAA coach. He's a charlatan. He sells the allure of "drink my snake oil and I'll make everything wonderful" and he skips town before you realize it was just some snake oil.

I'll eat my left shoe if he ever wins a title.

Reaction Score
Let's face it.

Ed Cooley isn't a title caliber NCAA coach. He's a charlatan. He sells the allure of "drink my snake oil and I'll make everything wonderful" and he skips town before you realize it was just some snake oil.

I'll eat my left shoe if he ever wins a title.
There's like 5 title winning coaches in college basketball at any given time. Cooley isn't getting paid to win titles , at least not yet, he's getting paid to make a garbage program good again.

Reaction Score
There's like 5 title winning coaches in college basketball at any given time. Cooley isn't getting paid to win titles , at least not yet, he's getting paid to make a garbage program good again.
Cooley has won a total of 3 NCAA Tournament games in 17 seasons as a head coach. His teams won't be awful like a Ewing led team, but his ceiling isn't very high either.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Good for Cooley! Screw the fan! Worry about your own team!
Cooley has fully earned anything that comes his way, good or bad, especially this year. I'm on record for wishing him to have a crummy year. So far, he's had a satisfying season from my perspective. He sounds more and more like a jerk every time he speaks up

If how he presents himself causes discomfort to Georgetown's administration, alumni, or fans, It's part of the package. Same thing if PC or any other conference partisans want to test his mettle. His agent fielded and he pursued the high stakes opportunity in a high profile sport that has a winner and a loser in every game.

If he succeeds, he succeeds. It's not going to unduly upset me, and I don't think anything I say or do until the picture gets clearer, will be worth him or anybody else to say, "See, I told you," if he does well.

How is any of this out of the equation?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom