ECU Postgame interviews | The Boneyard

ECU Postgame interviews

Reaction Score
Wait for it . . . .

Cm0rIt6XEAEEvLJ.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ollie's quotes praising Whaley, calling out Larrier for missing those FT's, calling out Williams for missed box out on missed FT's by ECU, saying 2-16 on 3's and TO's on fast breaks kill assist totals sounds like a coach who can associate specific plays by players and how it impacts game overall. He's tuned in to that part of coaching. Now he has to show he can do things to correct those deficiencies and change their on court performance.

Reaction Score
Ollie's quotes praising Whaley, calling out Larrier for missing those FT's, calling out Williams for missed box out on missed FT's by ECU, saying 2-16 on 3's and TO's on fast breaks kill assist totals sounds like a coach who can associate specific plays by players and how it impacts game overall. He's tuned in to that part of coaching. Now he has to show he can do things to correct those deficiencies and change their on court performance.

I think one of the biggest problem Ollie has is that he can't bench Adams and Larrier when they make boneheaded plays as he has nobody to turn to. He knows the only way UConn has a chance to win is if they are both on the floor, so he has to put up with bad play. If Gilbert was healthy, I think Adams would get the hook far more often.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think one of the biggest problem Ollie has is that he can't bench Adams and Larrier when they make boneheaded plays as he has nobody to turn to. He knows the only way UConn has a chance to win is if they are both on the floor, so he has to put up with bad play. If Gilbert was healthy, I think Adams would get the hook far more often.

And that fear of results while poor performers are benched is cruddy leadership. An all-time classic quote from Branch Rickey and some added commentary by some person I've never heard of but comes up on Google search.

We finished last with you, we can finish last without you | LABOV Marketing Communications and Training

“We finished last with you, we can finish last without you,” was what Branch Rickey, the owner of the Pittsburgh Pirates told his slugging home run hitter, Ralph Kiner. Kiner had asked for a raise after winning the home run title. Rickey was known as a tightwad, but despite that, he did have a good point that relates to business. How often do struggling businesses fear making the tough decisions, including firing performers with bad attitudes? They avoid those decisions because they’re afraid to lose a person that may have contributed to their problems. If your business is struggling, that’s precisely the time to make the decisions that you may normally fear.

Reaction Score
And that fear of results while poor performers are benched is cruddy leadership. An all-time classic quote from Branch Rickey and some added commentary by some person I've never heard of but comes up on Google search.

We finished last with you, we can finish last without you | LABOV Marketing Communications and Training

“We finished last with you, we can finish last without you,” was what Branch Rickey, the owner of the Pittsburgh Pirates told his slugging home run hitter, Ralph Kiner. Kiner had asked for a raise after winning the home run title. Rickey was known as a tightwad, but despite that, he did have a good point that relates to business. How often do struggling businesses fear making the tough decisions, including firing performers with bad attitudes? They avoid those decisions because they’re afraid to lose a person that may have contributed to their problems. If your business is struggling, that’s precisely the time to make the decisions that you may normally fear.

Sound advise. Any thoughts on dating tips?

Reaction Score

BINGO ^^^^^

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Righto - he has so few options with any experience at all
Missing AG is bigger this year
Anderson is not Purvis - miss him more than most will admit

Reaction Score
Righto - he has so few options with any experience at all
Missing AG is bigger this year
Anderson is not Purvis - miss him more than most will admit

The fact that Purvis is better than Anderson (or Facey better than Whaley, or Brimah better than Carlton) does not make their tenure here any less disappointing.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The fact that Purvis is better than Anderson (or Facey better than Whaley, or Brimah better than Carlton) does not make their tenure here any less disappointing.
yeah - ok
that was my point
thanks- always the pessimist
I personally was not disappointed with RP in so many ways - AB, yes

Reaction Score
True

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
“If it goes in, call a timeout and get ready for overtime,” Ollie said. “Nothing’s gonna crush us. If he had made it, we get ready for the next five minutes. I’m glad he didn’t make it.”

That’s a strange comment.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
“If it goes in, call a timeout and get ready for overtime,” Ollie said. “Nothing’s gonna crush us. If he had made it, we get ready for the next five minutes. I’m glad he didn’t make it.”

That’s a strange comment.
Nah. He is used to never being able to catch a break . I'm sure he expected it to go in.

We finally had some luck .

Reaction Score
What was the question to CV about what happened in the hand shake line??

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nah. He is used to never being able to catch a break . I'm sure he expected it to go in.

We finally had some luck .

Why is he calling timeout to plan for OT? If you call timeout wouldn’t you try to set up something to win in regulation?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom