ECU on ESPNU right now... | The Boneyard

ECU on ESPNU right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... putting on an offensive clinic on SMU... we should take notes...

Remember way back when (11 years ago now ) when our offense could move the football??? Dan O and Terry Caulley in the backfield? Geesh, if we can figure it out on that side of the ball... I HATE our current offensive philosophy...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The quarterback is excellent. Just throws a beautiful ball. This might get ugly.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Kudos to SMU going for it down 21-0 on 4th and 2 at midfield.

Reaction Score
seeing them concerns me about us... does our QB believe in all of his WRs ? and visa versa? There's gotta be some sort of belief in one another to play pitch and catch like that in traffic... that's not coached... we gotta start believing in each other on the field a little more instead of just 'running the play'... am I wrong in this assessment?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Three fourth down conversions on one drive for SMU.

Reaction Score
SMU scored an offensive touchdown. We're in big trouble.

Texas A&M's unis today are amongst the best I've ever seen. Mississippi State are destroying them. Without Balis.

Reaction Score
SMU scored an offensive touchdown. We're in big trouble.

Texas A&M's unis today are amongst the best I've ever seen. Mississippi State are destroying them. Without Balis.

Butch,
I am thinking MSU is currently in the position they are with a very big and tough group of hombres is due in part to
the work that Balis did the last number of years before leaving for Storrs. In our current state, I'm looking for all the
positive I can and watching MSU come on the last three years I am hoping is a positive cue for us in things to come .....

Reaction Score
What can we do as a program to become like ECU?

Seriously, we'd be lucky and be in a lot better position conference realignment-wise if our football team were as good as theirs.

Reaction Score
I can't see us beating anyone on our schedule for the remainder of the year without a miracle or a wild change such as Foxx as the primary QB.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score

Seriously, we'd be lucky and be in a lot better position conference realignment-wise if our football team were as good as theirs.
Be patient

Reaction Score
ECU has excellent players at all of the skill positions. I think Geremy is probably the only one of our skill players who could start for them. Mobile qb, that's bad news for us. I don't have hopes that we'll beat them. If we stay within 17 points, I'd take that result. ECU's defense looks pretty good, SMU is moving the ball here in the 2nd half, though.... All I know is, we will not lose this weekend.

Reaction Score

Even comparing football programs, UCONN is the more attractive school to any of the 5 power conferences. Our b-ball programs, and the school itself, make us WAY more of a viable choice than any of the other schools in the AAC. That being said, if our football program doesn't improve, we're in trouble.

Reaction Score
Even comparing football programs, UCONN is the more attractive school to any of the 5 power conferences. Our b-ball programs, and the school itself, make us WAY more of a viable choice than any of the other schools in the AAC. That being said, if our football program doesn't improve, we're in trouble.
Yea, this has proven true so far...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Look at the past dozen years and compare the two. ECU hasn't exactly been the 1980's Miami Hurricanes. Overall they've had a couple of good years, some decent years and some out and out terrible ones (as bad, if not worse than where we are at the moment). On the whole over that time frame we've been the better program. We will be again before too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom