ECU AD had TV plan to court BYU | The Boneyard

ECU AD had TV plan to court BYU

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The plan's principles:

*The negotiation of a five-year extension to the remaining one year on the media rights deal with ESPN.

*All schools would have the right to either negotiate separate TV money for their own home games or be part of broader membership negotiations.

*Schools would remain full-time conference members with either selection unless they'd prefer a football-only designation or decided to leave.

*It would resolve the stability issue “since all coalition members will assign their media rights to the Big East for the full six years,” and that members would have a better feel for their collective worth as a conference after four years of a six-year deal. “

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-big-east-tv-plan-could-help-court-byu-others

CBSSports.com has gotten a lot of interesting items through FOIA. It'd be nice to see the Horde do that, as soon as they're done covering meaningless high school basketball tournaments or when they figure out how to correctly reply to tweets (#wow).

They could also reach out to Lew Perkins or Jeff Hathaway for a quote on all this.

But, you know, that'd be actual reporting.

Reaction Score
Zls44 beat me to it. I just posted a similar thread. If UCONN can keep rights to our home games, we will be in a good position. Let's hope Warde and Susan are smart enough to push for this. UCONN would then go fill our OOC games with some interest names. Hopefully, we can sign a good deal with SNY and not worry about this cluster duckk of TV deal that BE is signing with ESPiN.

Reaction Score
I like it.
washington-state-celebration.gif

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Now...I want to know why this plan went nowhere.

My hunch...the UCF's of the world did not want it or Aresco was still peddling his television contract fantasies.

Reaction Score
Now...I want to know why this plan went nowhere.

My hunch...the UCF's of the world did not want it or Aresco was still peddling his television contract fantasies.

Maybe it was the GOR ("since all coalition members will assign their media rights to the Big East for the full six years"). Not really enough details to know what blew it up. In hindsight it sounds good but what if (big hairy audacious IF) UConn knows they can bolt sooner than 6 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom