East Texas Trash: a couple of questions for you | Page 2 | The Boneyard

East Texas Trash: a couple of questions for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Jeff Walz is someone I absolutely expect Texas to call as well. Hiring Blair would make no sense, IMO. He's 65.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some redshirts have left after 3 years of playing, some have not. Candace Parker did, Kalana Greene did not. Some of the DePaul kids stuck around for 6 years (or was it 8 or 9?). Piph Prince left school after 3 years to go to Europe. Her age and length of tenure at Rutgers did not allow her to go directly to the WNBA. So we know that Elena and Britney have said they will stay. Has anyone posed the question to Skylar?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Some redshirts have left after 3 years of playing, some have not. Candace Parker did, Kalana Greene did not. Some of the DePaul kids stuck around for 6 years (or was it 8 or 9?). Piph Prince left school after 3 years to go to Europe. Her age and length of tenure at Rutgers did not allow her to go directly to the WNBA. So we know that Elena and Britney have said they will stay. Has anyone posed the question to Skylar?
I believe there was an article on all 3 saying they were staying. I'll look for it.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Jeff Walz is someone I absolutely expect Texas to call as well. Hiring Blair would make no sense, IMO. He's 65.
Plus, he's an Aggie. No way Texas hires an Aggie, and no way would he go. Those fans in College Station would burn him in effigy. Even though they are going to the SEC, there is no love lost between Aggies and Longhorns.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
None of the three will leave...loyalty to coaches and to their programs are first.

Reaction Score
Is speculation about a player leaving school early any different than speculating about transfers? Especially while the season is still in progress...

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Yes, Parker red-shirted a year, so that made her eligible to go pro. And Pat didn't like it. The other notable player to leave school early was Prince of RU. She went overseas to play, strictly for the money.

Not entirely true.

Tonya Washington of Florida did so, having a year of eligbility remaining (notable for being the first one).
Deanna Nolan of Georgia did as well (notable because she was a star in the WNBA).

Reaction Score
With all due respect to ETT, I don't think a Baylor fan is going to have a good handle on who gets the Texas job. I don't know that anyone does at this point.

My suspicion is that we'll know soon. Texas will want to announce while WBB is generally still part of the news cycle because of the tournament (if possible).
Kim Mulkey: she will take it agter losing to UCONN in the finals.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Interesting thread. Blake specifically asks ETT some questions and there are 20 more posts from multiple posters (including Blake, himself, and yours truly) before ETT gets a chance. A guy can't get a word in edgewise around here! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom