East Carolina to Join Big East 2014 For Football | Page 2 | The Boneyard

East Carolina to Join Big East 2014 For Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
East Carolina finally gets their invite. Just like the ugly girl who just hangs around. Eventually, someone will give in. Way to go Big East (Although in all seriousness, it is a good football school).
Memphis, Temple, UCF, etc. are the ugly girls.

East Carolina is the, fat, ugly pimply girl who has a hairy mole on her face.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Tulane being added for their market (even though LSU + other SEC schools dominate there I'd imagine) so ECU must be being added as a warm body for football...

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Why ECU unless they know someone else is gone? Temple comes back east, Tulane goes West? *shrug*

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
This seems like a reaction to losing at least two all sports programs, plus several FB only. I think Aresco knows that our western teams are opting for the MWC. Navy could be gone as well.

Not that that doesn't make sense but...after all those months of angst and bribery to get Boise into the Big West, are they really going to go back to the MWC and its cruddy teevee deal that quickly? The New New NEW Big East is still going to have a better deal.

I dunno...this could just be as simple as replacing Rutgers and I assume UConn with two...well, one eastern team, and Tulane is a really good school that's terrible at sports but also Catholic, so...yeah. They still have the same number of teams in the same timezones as they did, and there's still a need for a Western 14th. Maybe two spots if Navy backs out.

Reaction Score
I dunno...this could just be as simple as replacing Rutgers and I assume UConn with two...well, one eastern team, and Tulane is a really good school that's terrible at sports but also Catholic, so...yeah.

Tulane is not Catholic.

Louisiana is a fairly Catholic state though.

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
Tulane is not Catholic.

Louisiana is a fairly Catholic state though.

Wait, they aren't? (Wikipedias madly.) Ah, dang it. Always thought they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom