East Carolina to Join Big East 2014 For Football | The Boneyard

East Carolina to Join Big East 2014 For Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Sigh.

Check, please...

Reaction Score
East Carolina finally gets their invite. Just like the ugly girl who just hangs around. Eventually, someone will give in. Way to go Big East (Although in all seriousness, it is a good football school).

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
so are they adding these teams cuz we're about to leave, or because of rutgirls leaving?

Reaction Score
  • PN Brett McMurphy
    East Carolina will join Big East as football only member in 2014, sources told @ESPN
    3 minutes ago

• McMurphyESPN Brett McMurphy
    Big East 2014 membership will consist of 8 former members from C-USA, 2 from MWC and 1 from MAC

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
  • PN Brett McMurphy
    East Carolina will join Big East as football only member in 2014, sources told @ESPN
    3 minutes ago

• McMurphyESPN Brett McMurphy
    Big East 2014 membership will consist of 8 former members from C-USA, 2 from MWC and 1 from MAC

And one who's only been a member of the Big East (for their whole Div 1A life), UConn. I'm giddy...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
so are they adding these teams cuz we're about to leave, or because of rutgirls leaving?

This seems like a reaction to losing at least two all sports programs, plus several FB only. I think Aresco knows that our western teams are opting for the MWC. Navy could be gone as well.

I said for months that this NBE would never even exist. It made no sense whatsoever. These moves finally make sense. Rutgers and hopfully UConn move on, and the old CUSA (which wasn't a bad league) is reunited and maybe added to the BE basketball schools.

Louisville, Cincy, USF, UCF, Temple, Tulane, Memphis, Houston, SMU. Aside from Temple, it is a league of mostly southern, urban schools. They do fit together.

Reaction Score
So, is it 14 for FB now?

UConn - Temple - Lou - Cin - UCF - USF - Navy*
Memp - Houston - SMU - Tul - ECU* - Boise* - SD St*

and 17 for BB?
(G't, Vill, SH, SJ, Prov, DeP, Marq)

Reaction Score
Shows the power of television markets. Tulane (UConn alum as president, major television market, playes in Superdome) which has done NOTHING forever, get the nod over Southern Mississippi which is a credible program but resides in Hattiesburg which is the football equivalent of Siberia.

Reaction Score
Shows the power of television markets. Tulane (UConn alum as president, major television market, playes in Superdome) which has done NOTHING forever, get the nod over Southern Mississippi which is a credible program but resides in Hattiesburg which is the football equivalent of Siberia.
Tulane's been awful for almost forever, but they're finally sinking some of their big dinero into a new on campus stadium. Not so sure that will matter much, but it cannot hurt. The New Orleans TV market is clearly larger than Hattieburg's, but is it really all that big?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I would be shocked if sdsu and Boise go to MWC. The MWC TV deal is the worst one in the history of sports. I dont think BE is done. There will be wester additions imo.

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if sdsu and Boise go to MWC. The MWC TV deal is the worst one in the history of sports. I dont think BE is done. There will be wester additions imo.
I agree.

I think they're expecting UConn (or Louisville) to be out, and are restocking the cabinets before it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom