East Carolina Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

East Carolina Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kyla has potential. Needs to get Stronger, faster, smarter. Extra work and weight room has some of the smarts already.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Signs of life from the reserves - nice way to end the game! Poor Crystal - shes really struggling though. She looks so different from earlier in the year. I wonder if she's still affected by the concussion.

Reaction Score
Decent night for the bench, Kyla looks like she's settling down out there a bit

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Some very good moments for our kids tonight. Finish was a ~little~ ragged, but not bad. Nice to see Kyla and Molly doing a bit more contribs tonight. Phee was top scorer at 21. Gabby was, well, GABBULUS!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Baskets in the Paint for the game
EC 9 (1-3-3-2)
UConn 26 (9-3-7-7)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Decent 4th quarter with 19 points. The bench is getting better. Slowly but surely.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So Geno has now bought into the term, "The Core Four" in his post game interview. Didn't someone on the boneyard copyright the term? I'm thinking big bucks to be made from t-shirts, ball caps and coffee mugs.:)

Reaction Score
upload_2017-1-4_20-54-54.png

upload_2017-1-4_20-54-20.png

Reaction Score
Decent 4th quarter with 19 points. The bench is getting better. Slowly but surely.
I would take a few more minutes from the starters and give more time to the bench. Tonight the starters played about 25 minutes each. You could trim that down to 21-23. The bench will get better with more game time.

Reaction Score
Signs of life from the reserves - nice way to end the game! Poor Crystal - shes really struggling though. She looks so different from earlier in the year. I wonder if she's still affected by the concussion.
I was thinking about this earlier. Could it be that she was left open in the Baylor game because no one expected anything from her? I feel like she was passed to and not passing in that game. In the other games she's passing more and making poor decisions.. She needs to remember she's 5'5 and not pass to the tall ones knees.. She'll get there :)

Reaction Score
I think it would help Butler immensely if Crystal Dangerfield wasn't hell bent on either throwing a rocket at her from 10 ft away or putting a pass that's at her knees.
Nat likely will play at an All League level. Not sure if any other American Conf team has a center as good. Feel bad for her that many on this Board only measure her against All Americans. Hopefully in league schedule will give her confidence for playoffs.

Reaction Score
Glad Geno let the benches to play in the 4Q ...should do this for the next 4 games.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I was thinking about this earlier. Could it be that she was left open in the Baylor game because no one expected anything from her? I feel like she was passed to and not passing in that game. In the other games she's passing more and making poor decisions.. She needs to remember she's 5'5 and not pass to the tall ones knees.. She'll get there :)
I disagree with you and I'm really surprised at Meg for that comment. From a 5'5" PG the bounce pass to the post player is the far better option. Crystal has to throw a better pass and Natalie has to do a better job of being wide and securing the ball. Feeding the post with the ball in the air is what Slocum tried to do @MD to Jones and that did not work and will not work most of the time.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Of all the reserves, Butler looked the best. I just wish she would think like a scorer when she get the ball down low in good position. She needs a few post moves she really feels confident in and just goes to them, especially with undersized defenders.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I disagree with you and I'm really surprised at Meg for that comment. From a 5'5" PG the bounce pass to the post player is the far better option. Crystal has to throw a better pass and Natalie has to do a better job of being wide and securing the ball. Feeding the post with the ball in the air is what Slocum tried to do @MD to Jones and that did not work and will not work most of the time.
The particular pass in question was not a great pass, but if Danger makes the same pass to Pheesa, Gabby or Lou they step to receive the ball, catch it easily and make the layup. Nat needs a little softer pass that is more into her body then out in front. This is really about Danger getting comfortable with where she needs to put the ball for Nat to handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom