Early schedule...tough...I love it! | The Boneyard

Early schedule...tough...I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Within the first 10 days or so of the season we host Stanford and go on to road to Maryland
and Penn State [only one day separating those two games]. We have an overall experienced team
despite having many underclass kids who have been seriously tested. These openers are tossing us in the deep end of the pool and I like it.

Any weaknesses will be on display....and you know that the staff will find many. It will give Geno something to carry-on about which will make him happy. I will be curious to see if Saniya gets any PT in these three....and especially if she gets time when the game is still on the line.

BTW: we have read that Saniya arrives in Storrs on July 15 for the second summer session.
What players will be there? Will Kia still be in Iowa? Where is Brianna B? Will Stef still be on her SNY internship? KML and Bria finish the WUG on July 15...might they be in the second summer session albeit a day or two late? Our 19U kids won't be back home till July 29 or so.

Is our walk-on [Amanda Pope?] on campus? Is it a certainty that she will in fact be on the team this coming season? Has she overcome whatever medical concerns dashed her hopes last year?

Saniya and who else???

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Is our walk-on [Amanda Pope?] on campus? Is it a certainty that she will in fact be on the team this coming season? Has she overcome whatever medical concerns dashed her hopes last year?
From a report a week or two ago, it kinda alluded to she may not be playing this season. Probably won't know officially until they start in the fall.

Reaction Score
I gotta find out if you can get student discounts on MD tickets outside the student section. I really don't want to sit with a bunch of undergrads for that game...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Blake, as Meyers suggested word is from the horde that The Pope will not be on the team after all. I suspect the demands of the Vatican are more than anticipated.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Blake, as Meyers suggested word is from the horde that The pope will not be on the team after all. I suspect the demands of the Vatican are more than anticipated.
Though, one would think the Vicar of Christ could pull it off. :cool:

(we're gonna get in trouble......ice started it)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

Yet you followed right along...religiously :p

Reaction Score
You know Blakeon that is a very tough early season schedule. We will not be at our best yet, but that does work both ways. It is a great barometer to see how and where we stand. It sure won't hurt our SOS ! I cannot wait !

Reaction Score
The second half of the season however is filled with games where the only question is "how many will they win by?". (Louisville excepted) Could really use a late Jan/early Feb game against Notre Dame or some other top 10 team.

Reaction Score

Any last words?
image.jpg

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We are too good and talented to lose. I really don't think either team will give us a game. Athletic height and defense will allow everybody a lot of playtime. We are that good. IMO this is the greatest assemblage of players that any team in WCBB has every had. Geno has been able to top himself in great teams many times. The Tina Monty Maya Greene team was great this team is greater JMO. As the season progresses this team will answer and surpass any doubts in everybody's mind. UConn can only beat themselves, there isn't a team who can beat them.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Blake, as Meyers suggested word is from the horde that The Pope will not be on the team after all. I suspect the demands of the Vatican are more than anticipated.
Yup. All those new saints gotta be sorted out.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
We are too good and talented to lose. I really don't think either team will give us a game. Athletic height and defense will allow everybody a lot of playtime. We are that good. IMO this is the greatest assemblage of players that any team in WCBB has every had. Geno has been able to top himself in great teams many times. The Tina Monty Maya Greene team was great this team is greater JMO. As the season progresses this team will answer and surpass any doubts in everybody's mind. UConn can only beat themselves, there isn't a team who can beat them.
Tony, TRY to look on the bright side now and then.;)

Reaction Score

I gotta agree!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Usually, we're ahead of other teams in November. I think our guys will be ready.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I do have a concern about the weak second half schedule and its impact on getting us razor sharp for the big dance.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I do have a concern about the weak second half schedule and its impact on getting us razor sharp for the big dance.

I have the same worries....as I might have mentioned in another thread

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I agree with you- they have so much talent depth experience- this team is a juggernaut!

Reaction Score
The early schedule has to be tough since the conference schedule sucks.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
The early schedule has to be tough since the conference schedule sucks.
that kind of says it flat out I guess- the way it is! Can't make Chicken Salad out of Chicken ____!

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
You know Blakeon that is a very tough early season schedule. We will not be at our best yet, but that does work both ways. It is a great barometer to see how and where we stand. It sure won't hurt our SOS ! I cannot wait !

Works both ways in that the other teams will also not be at their best. As new a season for them as it will be for the Huskies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

Remember all the posts from Old Coach a few years back? It could be the shoes. It's gotta be the shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom