Early look at #1 Seeds in NCAA | The Boneyard

Early look at #1 Seeds in NCAA

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
With Louisville's 100-67 destruction of Notre Dame I began to think out the Lexington Regional and the #1 seed. This has been ND's typical home and South Carolina has yearned for it despite being sent out west multiple years in a row. ND beat South Carolina. Louisville beat ND. So how could this all play out??

Albany Regional--Should be all UCONN.

Kansas City Regional--Likely to be Baylor. Specifically if Baylor beats Texas (2-3 times depending on BIG12 Tourney) then this is where they will likely land. Could be someone else. More on that later.

Spokane Regional--IF ( and its a big IF) Oregon runs through the PAC12 Tourney or conference season undefeated then this will likely where they land but will it be #1 or #2 seed?? If Oregon plays it cards right they could play home games in Eugene and just make the short trip to Spokane for a potential spot in the FF. If they are only worthy of a #2 seed then which big dog get sent to Spokane??

All this brings us to the Lexington Regional???

Who is #1???

Who is #2???

South Carolina has lost to Missouri (not a bad loss) and ND. I think their shot at #1 is gone.

If Louisville runs through the ACC and wins the tourney do they claim #1??

What if ND wins the rest of their ACC games and wins the ACC tourney, do they claim #1??

And through all of this indecision we still haven't even mentioned Mississippi State??

What if the Bulldogs run through the SEC??? Win the SEC Tourney?? Do they get the #1 seed in Lexington (496 miles from home) or Kansas City Missouri (630 miles from home) or Spokane (2188 miles from home)

Could Mississippi State be #1 in Kansas City with Baylor #2 due to their loss to UCLA. What if Baylor loses a game to Texas???

As we get into January and February and conference games play out its going to be a very interesting seeding year. Still lots of games to play but I predict some unhappy coaches and fans come NCAA seeding time!

GO UCONN!!!!!

Reaction Score
I don't think teams' record on loss to ND prior to ND's loss of their last guard really counts. ND only lost to UConn at that point...ND's loss to Louisville only demotes ND's seeding but not other team who lost to them prior to that.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
IF we are fortunate enough to get a #1 seed, I don’t see how the committee could send us anywhere other than Lexington. It is about 65 miles up the road. It is the 3rd and final year Lexington will host and we have not been sent there yet, b/c of ND.

It would be pretty sweet to host first rounds at home, next 2 practically next door in Lexington, and if fortunate enough, under 3 hours up the road to the F4. There is still a lot of basketball to play, but I’m pretty excited about this potential scenario.

Reaction Score
There's still a possibility of a #1 seed for SC. Win the SEC outright and we should be a shoe-in. But I don't think that's the case this year. I wouldn't mind being a #2 in Lexington if Louisville is #1. We could play in front of our fans and wouldn't have to travel 3,000 miles for a fourth straight year. The Lexington Region had to be the lowest attended Regional of all of them last year. If both Louisville and SC (hypothetically) had to play agaisnt each other in the elite eight I think it could be a sellout in Rupp Arena. But there's still a lot of season left so things can change.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm thinking Miss St is going to be a #1 seed and possibly the #1 or #2 Overall #1 Seed. I think they're head and shoulders the best team in the SEC and just may run the table to enter the NCAA tournament undefeated. They only play the Lady Vols and So Carolina once in the regular season.

UConn
Miss St
Louisville
B12 or Pac12 Champion will get the 4th #1 Seed.

Reaction Score
I think BU is capable of going unbeaten in the Big 12, however given the short bench and youth it will be tough. I am just taking it day by day with this team. They are more than capable of making a final 4. However, we are young and the depth could hurt us. I deff think they will end up at least a 2 seed.

UConn, Miss State, Louisville, and BU would be my pick today. I think I need to see Miss State play another good team and Baylor play TX and OKST to really see if they are No.1 seeds. Also, see Louisville play UConn and another ranked team. The other night caused me to give them more respect, but that game was a very flukey game when everything is just clicking like 100%. I feel like it may have been one of the best of all time for them. So need to see them on a regular night.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Spokane Regional--IF ( and its a big IF) Oregon runs through the PAC12 Tourney or conference season undefeated then this will likely where they land but will it be #1 or #2 seed??

I hadn't thought about this. If it happens, would be a return to Spokane for Coach Graves, who spent 14 seasons coaching at Gonzaga. Of course that would require them to win 2 games first.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom