Early B1G conference predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Early B1G conference predictions

Reaction Score
His FB says he's an Ohio State grad; appears to be quite young. That being said, seems to have a really, really good handle on Big 10 Women's scene. Great find!

Thanks! Tripped across it via Twitter. Figured it was worthwhile sharing for those who follow the conference.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is sleeper a fair description based on how their roster looks this season? I understand your point considering last year was very unexpected. Just wish there was a different word to describe them for 2023-2024.

Yeah.... can't describe Illinois as a Big 10 sleeper. A sleeper team would be a squad from the lower half of the league like a Michigan State, Penn State, Northwestern

Reaction Score
Thanks! Tripped across it via Twitter. Figured it was worthwhile sharing for those who follow the conference.
That substack is excellent. I haven't read on all the teams yet, but I will.

Reaction Score
That substack is excellent. I haven't read on all the teams yet, but I will.
Believe the writer is publishing them incrementally. Makes sense as they're working on building an audience. Glad you enjoyed it.

Reaction Score
Is sleeper a fair description based on how their roster looks this season? I understand your point considering last year was very unexpected. Just wish there was a different word to describe them for 2023-2024.
Great question. I was going on how their roster looks this season and what may/may not develop. Could there be carryover from last season's decent run or will they fall off. Coach Green is a wonderful coach and hopefully what developed last season just continues to build into something special.

Reaction Score
Great question. I was going on how their roster looks this season and what may/may not develop. Could there be carryover from last season's decent run or will they fall off. Coach Green is a wonderful coach and hopefully what developed last season just continues to build into something special.

The Hoopla blogger hasn't published their article about them yet. Realized he's posting them based on how they'll finish this season. Will be interesting to see where he thinks they'll end up this year.

Reaction Score
Maryland looks like it usually does: the guards are taller than the forwards. But they did pickup a 6’7” freshman, Doumbaya. I wonder if Brenda will be able to get her up to speed.

Reaction Score
Maryland looks like it usually does: the guards are taller than the forwards. But they did pickup a 6’7” freshman, Doumbaya. I wonder if Brenda will be able to get her up to speed.
I doubt it. I'll find out more during open practice in the fall. BTW, Hawa isn't close to 6'7". I don't know why the Terps site listed her that tall.

Reaction Score
I doubt it. I'll find out more during open practice in the fall. BTW, Hawa isn't close to 6'7". I don't know why the Terps site listed her that tall.
Okay - so it wasn't just me scratching my head with the height listing. Plus, the guards don't seem to be taller than the forwards. I do find the listing of Bostock at 6'1" caught me off guard though. Man, she's sprouted since the last time I saw her on a basketball court (not sarcasm).

Reaction Score

Interesting development just before players are expected to start returning to campus for the fall semester. How much impact will it have on the team, if at all?

Reaction Score

Interesting development just before players are expected to start returning to campus for the fall semester. How much impact will it have on the team, if at all?

It is going to be interesting to see the impact these new coaches have on the program. Coach Moseley has Wisconsin making decent strides in only her third year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom