EA Sports CFB 2025 | The Boneyard

EA Sports CFB 2025

Reaction Score
I assumed we would be in it but it's nice to get confirmation. I still have zero hope for this game. EA hasn't made a good football game in 10 years

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I assumed we would be in it but it's nice to get confirmation. I still have zero hope for this game. EA hasn't made a good football game in 10 years
I'm excited for the game, but also tempering expectations after seeing what Madden has turned into the last to years. Hopefully, they will make it right.

Reaction Score
As long as they leave the micro-transactions and ultimate team out I think it'll end up being a solid game. I'm excited for it

Reaction Score
I'm excited for the game, but also tempering expectations after seeing what Madden has turned into the last to years. Hopefully, they will make it right.
If they're making it in the frostbite engine then it has basically no chance at being a fun game. I was hoping they'd take the time to develop a new engine for NCAA and then use it for the next Madden, but I don't think it's happening.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If they are merely changing the skins on the Madden platform- I won’t care, I’ll still be thrilled. Hopefully they will have the ability to just play the schedule and maybe all 134 stadiums?!?!?!

And I wonder if they will plug in generic fcs squads with generic colors/ names or ignore them all together. Probably just ignore.

Reaction Score
It's a shame if they're using the Madden engine, the old NCAA games always had way better gameplay and were built from a different platform. For those wondering, there will definitely be microtransactions in the game. NCAA 14 had them. There will also definitely be some kind of ultimate team mode (especially with real players being in the game), and I'm sure EA will invest far more in that mode than Dynasty.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If they are merely changing the skins on the Madden platform- I won’t care, I’ll still be thrilled. Hopefully they will have the ability to just play the schedule and maybe all 134 stadiums?!?!?!

And I wonder if they will plug in generic fcs squads with generic colors/ names or ignore them all together. Probably just ignore.
Last I saw, no FCS teams will be included.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Wait til they unionize and demand a %age of sales. This game will soon cost $159.99 for the basic edition.
If they unionize then they stop receiving $600 plus a copy of the game.

There are only a handful of guys that are worth more than $600 to EA. Those kids are in college for a couple years to get paid before the NFL. Those players, that will sell more copies of the game, are getting paid millions right now. They have no incentive to unionize. They will get paid by EA either way…EA doesn’t need to use Ta’quan Roberson’s real name to sell the game, and guys like TR don’t need a union leeching off their $600 pittance from EA.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
As long as they leave the micro-transactions and ultimate team out I think it'll end up being a solid game. I'm excited for it
Hell will freeze over before EA leaves out micro-transactions!

Reaction Score
It's a shame if they're using the Madden engine, the old NCAA games always had way better gameplay and were built from a different platform. For those wondering, there will definitely be microtransactions in the game. NCAA 14 had them. There will also definitely be some kind of ultimate team mode (especially with real players being in the game), and I'm sure EA will invest far more in that mode than Dynasty.

The NCAA games have always used the madden engine with some tweaks to make it more like college. I think that just some of the stuff that seems unrealistic about madden that leads to tons of 49-42 games works for college since it is usually more wide open. That, and franchise mode and presentation has sucked in madden for years but those were both strengths for ncaa so people overlooked gameplay issues and just said this game is fun.

I haven’t enjoyed madden since the ps2 days but I did feel the gameplay this past year wasn’t too bad. And ncaa is a little more niche than madden is so I’m hopeful they’ll focus more on what the hardcore fans really want than madden does. Also rumor was that one of the reasons they didn’t release this game last year was to put some more work into dynasty mode. I’m optimistic

Reaction Score
If they unionize then they stop receiving $600 plus a copy of the game.

There are only a handful of guys that are worth more than $600 to EA. Those kids are in college for a couple years to get paid before the NFL. Those players, that will sell more copies of the game, are getting paid millions right now. They have no incentive to unionize. They will get paid by EA either way…EA doesn’t need to use Ta’quan Roberson’s real name to sell the game, and guys like TR don’t need a union leeching off their $600 pittance from EA.

That's correct. The stars of this game are the school logos and uniforms. People were fine with playing as QB No. 15 as the player name originally. They could be just fine with a set of random names with the player avatars based on "the schools historically average player at the position."

Back in the day the guys I knew were excited to just be in the game in any way shape or form. The top end of the top end may opt out or try to hold out for more and EA has said there are certain limited numbers of people they might offer a more enhanced deal... but let's face it 75% of the buyers don't even know the full roster for their own team, let alone any of their opponents. If stud lineman from Alabama opts out trying for more money... EA will move on. If Shadeur Sanders wants more money, EA might be interested in having a conversation, but ultimately if the price is too high, they move on, and the game sales don't suffer at all (Hell, if guys under his level of notoriety see that, they may decide they'd rather be in the game, even if they feel they're under-valued at that payment level).

Reaction Score
What about the import function? I wonder if that remains or goes? Where you could get around the old nameless format and import names for everyone. Or the ability to changes names at all? Because if a game user can modify the qb 15 to the persons name anyways, the players will need to just take the 600 and run. It was a daunting task in old game to do every team, but if it is a handful of guys I'd do it. The import was the way to go in the old game even if the list you grabbed wasn't 100% accurate.

Reaction Score
They've said they will have blocks in place to prevent the creation of players who opt out. I'm sure people will figure out loopholes or workarounds or ways to get close, but allegedly they'll protect against that (which was really the claim in the O'Bannon case, you made a guy who looked like me, played like me and wore my number, it didn't matter that he didn't have my name). It could be as simple as hey we won't let you make a QB with this number and this name on this team... or more enhanced, but from EA's perspective they're trying to do their diligence to prevent the claims in the O'Bannon case from being valid.

In the end the name won't matter to most users... they wouldn't know if they were wrong except for their team anyways.

Reaction Score
They've said they will have blocks in place to prevent the creation of players who opt out. I'm sure people will figure out loopholes or workarounds or ways to get close, but allegedly they'll protect against that (which was really the claim in the O'Bannon case, you made a guy who looked like me, played like me and wore my number, it didn't matter that he didn't have my name). It could be as simple as hey we won't let you make a QB with this number and this name on this team... or more enhanced, but from EA's perspective they're trying to do their diligence to prevent the claims in the O'Bannon case from being valid.

In the end the name won't matter to most users... they wouldn't know if they were wrong except for their team anyways.
End users should be allowed to create whatever they want name and number wise. I wouldnt owe anyone NIL payments doing that locally on my version of game. I could see reverting back to fake info when playing online but not for personal use. Same reason their are 7 million variations of famous peoples name on Twitter, email addresses and everything else social media related. As long as I am not trying to make a buck off them I'd be ok to do it.

Reaction Score
Just reporting what is out there in the news:

Gamers will be blocked from manually adding players to EA Sports’ new college football game who decide not to accept an offer to have their name, image and likeness used in it, the video-game developer said Thursday.

EA Sports revealed the safeguard in its announcement that it has begun reaching out to athletes to pay them to be featured in the video game that’s set to launch this summer.

Reaction Score
Just reporting what is out there in the news:
I wouldn't be surprised if you can't edit players at all.

Hopefully it releases on PC so modders can do their thing. Not because I care, but because the whole concept of limiting customization is ridiculous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom