E interviews Big G | The Boneyard

E interviews Big G

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Great rapport between them, obvious mutual respect

News: He really had the virus, not false positive...had the loss of taste and smell.
And why does E wear gloves inside?

Reaction Score
It was reported earlier that he had two consecutive positive PCR tests, which showed definitively that he was infected. He initially said that he had no symptoms. But symptoms typically don’t appear until 2 days or more after infection. Since he had 2 symptoms (fatigue and lose of taste/smell), what he had would be considered mild to moderate COVID-19.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It was reported earlier that he had two consecutive positive PCR tests, which showed definitively that he was infected. He initially said that he had no symptoms. But symptoms typically don’t appear until 2 days or more after infection. Since he had 2 symptoms (fatigue and lose of taste/smell), what he had would be considered mild to moderate COVID-19.
Indeed. When I had it last February I was out of my mind with fever and shakes for 5 or 6 hours then 13 days of cold symptoms. That's considered ultra mild.

Reaction Score
Very disappointing for a food / wine connoisseur
Guess GA won't spend any time nor NCAA meal $$$ frequenting the fabulous Italian restaurants in SA. Lasagna from Savor Bistro will taste and smell like lasagna from Kroger's.

Reaction Score
Source? I just googled it and I only see multiple references as recently as 3 days ago to one positive test 4 days after his second shot, and that he never developed any symptoms of the virus.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Indeed. When I had it last February I was out of my mind with fever and shakes for 5 or 6 hours then 13 days of cold symptoms. That's considered ultra mild.
When you say “out of my mind” do you mean actual bouts of delirium? I ask for the sake of comparison. My symptoms included almost a full day of fever and chills, but no delirium and just a couple days more of feeling lethargic.

Everything I have seen recommended for boosting the immune system and warding off covid I already have done for years to maintain brain health and I suspect that helped.

Reaction Score
That was fun to watch. If I was a Tennessee fan watching this clip I'd be feeling sad and regretful that Evina chose to leave Tennessee. Although, when I first heard that she was transferring to UConn I wasn't all that excited about having her on our team. I thought she might bring some negativity to our ranks, because back then I thought of Evina as a sour-faced gunner. BOY, WAS I WRONG! She has been nothing but a delightful and unifying clubhouse leader. What a wonderful young woman. Glad she became a Husky. I think she probably is as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It was in the Courant, among others.
Sorry, do you have a link? Just searched the Courant website, dont see any mention of him having actually developed COVID. On the 19th Phillipou/Putterman did state that he had a second positive test, but I cant find any reference to him developing COVID. Just seems odd that it went from being widely reported as recently as 3 days ago that he had a positive test but no symptoms, to as someone stated earlier in this thread, “mild to moderate COVID”.

Possibly there are some HIPAA concerns in play here.

Reaction Score
Great rapport between them, obvious mutual respect

News: He really had the virus, not false positive...had the loss of taste and smell.
And why does E wear gloves inside?
Catching the virus from surfaces in not likely but possible. If someone has recently coughed or sneezed on an area and the person is infected, the virus can be transmitted--but also requires your touching your face, nose, ears, eyes, etc.
I wear gloves when I go shopping. People are forever picking up, examining, rejecting fresh produce. They touch other items, too, perhaps to read a label. Though the risk is thought to be minimum, it's easy to pull on surgical style gloves for an added measure of protection. Whether you wear gloves inside or out doesn't matter much, so long as you don't touch an infected area.

Reaction Score
Here is the Currant article indicating that he tested positive twice:

Hartford Courant

He has no doubt been tested during his quarantine period. People generally stop shedding virus a few days after symptoms appear even if they are not vaccinated. There are exceptions of course. The CDC guidelines recommend that people can go back to work 10 days after testing positive either with or without symptoms.

I think or know I had COVID-19, and I had symptoms​

You can be with others after

• At least 10 days since symptoms first appeared and
  • At least 24 hours with no fever without fever-reducing medication and
  • Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving
**Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation

If you had severe illness from COVID-19 (you were admitted to a hospital and needed oxygen), your healthcare provider may recommend that you stay in isolation for longer than 10 days after your symptoms first appeared (possibly up to 20 days) and you may need to finish your period of isolation at home.

I tested positive for COVID-19 but had no symptoms​

If you continue to have no symptoms, you can be with others after:

• 10 days have passed since the date you had your positive test
If you develop symptoms after testing positive, follow the guidance above for “I think or know I had COVID, and I had symptoms.”

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
When you say “out of my mind” do you mean actual bouts of delirium? I ask for the sake of comparison. My symptoms included almost a full day of fever and chills, but no delirium and just a couple days more of feeling lethargic.

Everything I have seen recommended for boosting the immune system and warding off covid I already have done for years to maintain brain health and I suspect that helped.
No, no delirium. I've also done much to boost my immune system for years, I've always been a big (very big) garlic eater (so beware if we ever meet), and my blood type is O positive.

Reaction Score
No, no delirium. I've also done much to boost my immune system for years, I've always been a big (very big) garlic eater (so beware if we ever meet), and my blood type is O positive.
I'm O negative..is that why I sometimes post negative things.?
disappointed oh no GIF by Loly in the sky

Reaction Score
Sorry, do you have a link? Just searched the Courant website, dont see any mention of him having actually developed COVID. On the 19th Phillipou/Putterman did state that he had a second positive test, but I cant find any reference to him developing COVID. Just seems odd that it went from being widely reported as recently as 3 days ago that he had a positive test but no symptoms, to as someone stated earlier in this thread, “mild to moderate COVID”.

Possibly there are some HIPAA concerns in play here.
What’s the big deal

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have a daughter who contracted Covid last April. She's been living with no taste or smell since. Two weeks ago a little taste and smell returned. Hopefully she will continue to improve and Geno's time line will be much quicker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom