Dwayne Wade-Ray and Rip toughest to guard | The Boneyard

Dwayne Wade-Ray and Rip toughest to guard

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
THAT is facinating. I like the "nails" part:) Do you coaches out there see parallels in style with JC and DH? I get the game's evolved but this years team kinda looks like JC's teams in terms of movement, no?

Reaction Score
Aside from 99, God bless Calhoun, but we never really had a flowing hyper moving offense. 2 guys, and rip more than ray, ran through screens and rubs. The rest was iso for as long as I can remember with his weave. It was pressure, rebounding and blocks/adjusted shots to offense.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Aside from 99, God bless Calhoun, but we never really had a flowing hyper moving offense. 2 guys, and rip more than ray, ran through screens and rubs. The rest was iso for as long as I can remember with his weave. It was pressure, rebounding and blocks/adjusted shots to offense.
I agree fully with this but I will add that I don't think any player ran as much in one game as Ray did against UCLA. It seemed that in half court, he was the sole focus of both our offense and their defense and he would circle the pack three or four times if necessary to get a little space to get his shot off. Ray was on a different level that game.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
I agree fully with this but I will add that I don't think any player ran as much in one game as Ray did against UCLA. It seemed that in half court, he was the sole focus of both our offense and their defense and he would circle the pack three or four times if necessary to get a little space to get his shot off. Ray was on a different level that game.
If memory serves, JC took the arrow for that one, saying he chose to run with them and it was a mistake. 95 was a few points shy of maybe being our first championship. What a game.

Reaction Score

Calhoun’s offenses didn’t really go isolation-based until the Price/Dyson years. Before that, there was plenty of motion, but it was designed to get specific guys shots. There were post baseline screens for guys like Okafor and Freeman, and the “circle” play with two screeners in the high post for two wing players.

It was the second half change to the “circle” play from our iso heavy offense in the 2011 championship game that was the deciding factor.

The people that criticized Calhoun’s office for being “stagnant” simply weren’t very observant

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom